Linga is the Sanskrit term for phallus(the male genital organ) . this mudra increases bodily heat since it reinforces the fire element and the Pitta humor.
Method : this mudra is formed by interlocking the palms but keeping the left thumb erct, pointing upwards.
Effects: the thumb represents the element fire. This fire is reinforced by performing the linga mudra. The fire element which resides in the thumb is activated and is able to increase uninhibited.
Benefits: the linga mudra can be used to overcome the following disorders:
1.Shivering and chills due to intolerance of cold weather; hypothermia,
2. Ailments caused by an overproduction/ accumulation of phlegm(mucous) in the body; such ailments include colds, sinusitis, productive(wet) cough, sticky stools, etc,
3. Asthma and other respiratory ailments that occur at the change of weather,
4. Sexual debility in males.
Duration: This mudra is not to be performed on a regular basis, It should be performed only when needed (e.g., when suffering form chills) and should be discontinud once the ailment has been overcome.
Precautions: 1. Overuse of Linga mudra may aggravate the Pitta humor within the body, causing sluggishness and lethargy.
This mudra should not be performed when suffering form ailments of Pitta-excess especially fever.
You may like this related articles take a look at it.
- Personality through health
- VAAY-VARDHAK OR GYAN/DNYAAN MUDRA
- Vaayu-shaamak or Vaayu mudra
- Aakaash-vardhak or Aakash mudra
- Aakaash-shaamak or shoonya mudra
- Prithvi-shaamak or Surya mudra
- Prithvi-vardhak or prithvi mudra
- Jal –vardhak or Varun mudra
- Jal-shaamak mudra
- Vaata-kaarak or Vaayan mudra
- Vaata-naashak mudra
- Pitta-kaarak or Kapha-naashak mudra
- Kapha-Kaarak or Pitta-naashak mudra
- vatta + pitta nashka mudra
- Vaata+ kapha nashak mudra
- Tridosha-naashak ‘Surabhi’ mudra
- Apaan mudra
- Apaan- vaayu mudra
- Linga mudra
- Shanka mudra
- Asthma mudra
- Maatangi mudra
- Uttarbodhi mudra
- Pushaan mudra
- Tridosha-naashak “samaan’ mudra
- Pitta+Kapha-naashak mudra
- Yoni mudra or shanmukhi mudra
- Maha Mudra
- Maha Vedha Mudra
- Yoga Mudra
- Matangini Mudra
- Ashwini Mudra
- Kaki Mudra
- Shambhavi Mudra
- Unmani Mudra
- Viparita Karani Mudra