Pran mudra or Kapha-karaak mudra is useful to increase the pranic energy (vital force) and also strengthen imunity and vitality. The practice of Pran mudra increases Earth element, Water element, Kapha humor and reduce fire element and Pitta humor.
Other names of Prana mudra
2.Kapha Karak Mudra.
Mudras works according to the principle of Ayurveda.
How to do Pran Mudra
Join the tips your little finger, ring finger and thumb finger to form pran mudra. You have to do mudras with both the hands. Look at the picture.
The effects of Pran mudra
Benefits of Pran mudra
Prana mudra is very useful to overcome the conditions given below;
- Chronic fatigue
- General debility
- Low endurance
- Impaired immunity
- Mental tension
- Usual sense of time urgency
- Intolerance of heat
- Stress, and noise
- Ailments which get worse in summer
- Hyperthyroidism (weight –loss despite having good appetite)
- Inflammatory disorders (diseases ending with ‘it is’)
- Sleeplessness; light disturbed sleep
- High blood pressure
- Atherosclerosis(hardening and narrowing of arteries)
- Burning in the mouth, throat, stomach
- Aphthous ulcers
- Ulcerative colitis, Loose
- Bloody stools
- Scanty, burning urination
- Excessive, foul-smelling perspiration
- Excessive, painful menses
- Red-hot joints
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Instability of joints
- Burning, red, dry eyes; cataract
- Dry, red, hot, aging, skin; skin-rashes
- Dry, sparse, gray hair,
- Premature aging,
disorders caused by a deficiency of earth and water elements within the body.
Duration for pran mudra Practice
Thirty to Forty-five minutes of regular practice is enough to get a good result.You can practice it at any time or any position but in the morning hours is the best time and you may take breaks in between the forty-five minutes practice.
It is better that If you practice Vata nashak mudra combined with this mudra.
If you are a Kapha excess person the do this mudra in moderation only.