Maintaining a healthy hormonal balance and a good metabolism is highly required for every person to remain healthy. Hormone play a very important role in every process that takes place in our body to maintain the proper working conditions. When hormones are in a proper balance, you look good and feel good. A lot of food items can promote the secretion of hormones in your body that will help boost your metabolism and also help you in reducing weight. For women, the ovaries produce hormones mainly. Estrogen and progesterone are the most influential hormones which regulate the menstrual cycle and the reproductive system of women. The brain produces FSH, LH, and several other hormones.
Fat is also an essential requirement to maintain the hormonal balance of the body. Fats help in boosting the production of hormones. Fatty acids and cholesterol are required for the production of fats. The reproductive system of women suffers from hormonal imbalance if the sufficient amount of cholesterol and fatty acids are not present. To maintain a good hormonal balance, one should take meals that are rich in antioxidants, healing herbs, and essential fats and high in proteins.
Vegetables with antioxidant properties
- Vegetables which are dark green in color like spinach, collard greens, broccoli, asparagus, cilantro, cabbage kale.
- Vegetables which are brightly colored like carrots, green/red/orange/yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, white or red onions, beetroot are rich in anti-oxidizing agents.
- Starchy vegetables like artichokes, sweet potatoes, squash, yucca, butternut, turnips contain antioxidants.
Food sources rich in proteins
- A medium sized egg contains about 6graams of proteins.
- Milk and other dairy products contain proteins. They are also rich in calcium and other important nutrients that help in boosting the metabolism.
- Yogurt contains whey protein and casein which is beneficial for health.
- Seafood and freshly caught fish are great sources of proteins, healthy omega 3 fatty acids. They are low in fats.
- For people who are dairy-intolerant, they can go for soya products which are rich in proteins. Soy food products like tofu or soya drinks help in the reduction of coronary diseases.
- Other sources of protein include seeds, chicken, turkey, elk, beans, quinoa, and lentils.
Spices and herbs that have healing properties
Spices and herbs like turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, ginger and garlic have anti-oxidizing properties which have positive effects on the body. They help in cleansing the body. They have detoxification properties.
Healthy fats which help in balancing the hormone levels
- Fruits like avocados are rich in magnesium, fiber, folic acid, potassium, vitamin-E, Vitamin-B and healthy fats. It is rich is a number of elements that can help you maintain the hormonal balance.
- Coconut oil is a good source of lauric acid that can enhance the production of hormones. It improves the skin quality and enhances metabolism. It also fights against bacteria and viruses which are harmful to the body.
- Seeds and nuts products like flaxseed oil, olive oil, Fermented cod liver oil, soaked nut are also a great source of elements that can restore the hormonal balance in your body.
- Other sources are raw butter, egg yolk which is rich in vitamins A, D, E are good for the production of hormones.