In Sanskrit Ardha means half , kati means waist and Chakra means wheel. This yoga posture forms a half wheel with our waist hence the name Ardha Kati Charkasana or Lateral Arc Posture.
How to do Ardha Kati Chakrasana:
Sthiti :Stand erect with feet close together, hands along the thighs, finders stretched out (This position is called Tadasana).
1.While inhaling, slowly raise the right arm side ways up above the head until the arm touches the ear, palm facing left.
2.Bend slowly on the left side, slide the left palm down as far as possible along the left leg. Exhale as you bend. Raised hand should not bend at the elbow. Knees straight. Breathe normally. Maintain for about a minute.
3.Return the position 1 inhaling completely.
4.Bring the hand down to Sthiti position.
*Repeat on the left side, by bending towards the right
BENEFITS: This gives a good lateral bending to the spine and helps in keeping the flexible and healthy.
· Also improves the liver function.
· Elasticity of lateral region increases.
· Lateral thoracic muscles are stretched and blood supply to them increases.
· Hip joints become flexible and excess fat around the waist reduces.
· Relieves from back pain, constipation and good for flat foot.
Click this link for recent posts https://www.completenaturecure.com/
Ardha means hal, Kati means waist and Chakra means wheel . In the final position of the Asana, the body looks laterally like a half whee.
Sthiti: Stand erec in straight line keeping the heels together and toes a little part. Expand the chest and drop the shoulders to a relaxed positon. Keep the neck straight. Fingers together, facing downward and palms stretched along the thighs by the sides. Relaxed Face.
1. Slowly rise the right arm sideways up above the head until the biceps touch the right ear, palm facing left with inhalation.
2. Bend slowly on the left side from the waist region , slide the left palm down as far as possible along the left leg. Exhale as you bend.
3. Slowly come back to vertical position , keeping the handup, with the biceps touching the ear with inhalation.
4. Bring the righthand sideways down to sthiti position with exhalation .Repeat the same with left hand other side.
Benefits of ArdhakatiChakrasana:
Elasticity of spine increases. Lateral thoracic muscles are stretched and blood supply increases. Hip joints become flexible, lungs capacity increases and excess fat around the waist reduces.
Relives from Back pain , Constipation and good for flat foot.
Improves lateral awareness and a feeling of relaxation is built.
Mode of bending :
Keep the raised arm straight.
Bend exactly laterally from the waist region.
Keep the legs straight.
Slide the other hand down along the leg.
Mode of breathing : Breathe out whenever you bend sidewards and inhale while coming up. Normal breathing in the final position.