Sukhasan is ideal for those who find padmasan difficult, Less tiring yet effective.
How to do Sukhasan:
- Sit with both legs straight.
- Bend the right knee and place its heel on the ground in front of genital with out exerting any pressure.
- Bend the left knee and place this foot in front of right foot.
- Push a cushion of say2′ thick under the buttocks to provide sight tilt forward.
- Keep the head and spinal column straight, but with out straining.
- Place hands on the knees, as in padmasan; maintain gyan mudra and concentrate on third eye.
- Breathe normally and maintain pose.
Benefits of Sukhasan:
Tranquilizes mind and heart.
Relieves stiffness of knees and joints.
Guards against rheumatism.
Reduces fat around thighs and calves.
Increases blood flow to pelvic organs and gonads; this invigorates the coccyx region and nerves of sacrum.
perfect posture for meditation.