Dhanuh means bow, in the final position of the posture, the body looks like a bow.
How to do Dhanurasana
Sthiti: Lie down on the prone with hands above the head keeping straight alongside the head resting the palms on the ground, touching the chin on the floor, and legs together soles facing up. Keep the body from toes to head in a straight line.
1. Fold the knees and hold the respective feet.
2. Raise the head, chest and also thighs by tugging the hand and legs, so that the spine is arched backwards like a bow. Look up.
3. Return to position No.1
4. Return to Sthiti.
Advantages of Dhanurasana
- Slims and activates the body. Recti muscles that flex the hip joints are toned up to be healthy.
- Abdominal fat is reduced.
- Good for breathing problems, backache, diabetes, gastrointestinal problems and improves digestion.
- Shatters tamas and stimulates the sytem.
Hernia patients and hypertensives should avoid.
Mode of bending :
Elbows should be kept unbent and knees should be together.
Mode of Breathing :
Breathe out whenever you come downwards and inhale while coming up. Normal breathing in the in final position.
Benefits of Dhanurasana
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) is one of the yoga postures that is considered beneficial for the whole being. Keeping the bow is one of the most popular yoga asanas among many yoga practitioners, as it dramatically strengthens strength, improves mobility, opens the heart and massages internal organs. Dhanurasana is an essential yoga posture.
Here is a list of the top 10 healing benefits of the arch placement. Read with patients about the rewards:
1. Digestive system: if you dive with a bow and adopt a posture, promote the gentle massage of the internal organs, especially the digestive system. It promotes digestion, eliminates glue in the digestive tract and makes you feel light and strong in the intestines. Relax gently while exhaling, and while breathing in the curve, continue with the best self-massage technique.
2. Strengthens the back: we walk throughout the day, which results in the contraction of the chest muscles and the weakness of the upper back. The practice of laying sheets with special attention to detail and care strengthens the upper back by relieving back and neck pain. Try balancing the Dhanurasana between your legs and your upper back to correct a hyper-opening of your back.
3. Open the hips: the power of the bow to open the hip flexors is an excellent option. The regular practice of this posture opens both hips and causes a transition of energy. The yogic tradition affirms that the hips are a place to store negative emotions and repressed emotions. The opening of the hips creates space for new ideas, unique expression and the freedom to explore our own body.
4. Stretch the chest: many complain of a tight chest with tight shoulders. Luckily we have the asana of the bow. The Dhanurasana opens the body from the shoulder to the hips for the sake of the chest. When your breast has reaped the fruits of this opening posture, you will notice easier breathing.
5. Relax the shoulders: If you have straight shoulders, make the bow that is your favourite exercise. The asana of the bow effectively reverses the negative effects of forwarding movement and flaccid posture. He relaxes hard and opens his shoulders.
6. Stress relief: mix the pills and bow to relieve stress, worry and tension. Dhanurasana is the best remedy for stress that calms the mind and helps you experience moments of peace and serenity.
7. Effective in weight loss: Dhanurasana is a powerful tool to lose weight naturally. Practice this yoga asana regularly and give yourself the ideal weight and shape. Dhanurasana stretches the abdominal muscles and helps eliminate excess body fat.
8. Energize the body: the bow is an effective technique to combat lethargy and energize the body. It acts directly on the solar plexus around the navel and stimulates the function of the vital internal organs.
9. Used to treat diabetes: Dhanurasana strengthens and stimulates the pancreas, helping to produce the correct amount of glucagon and insulin to control blood sugar levels. In this way, type 1 and type 2 diabetes are beneficial.
10. Improves blood circulation: the placement of the bow cleans the blood and improves the circulation rich in oxygen in the organs of the body. The increased blood supply nourishes the organs and helps them function properly, leading to good health.
In addition to these ten health benefits of Dhanurasana, toning is beneficial for the whole body. Become a habit to lean and maintain your health.