High blood pressure is one of the most critical disorders, keeping it in our control is very necessary. Here I am sharing different alternative and natural treatments to control high blood pressure.
home remedies for High blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a silent killer. It makes the daily life stressful. It keeps us away from the foods we like and bringing in more stress to both our mind and body.
In simple terms, High blood pressures force the blood and push against the walls of arteries when the heart pumps the blood. Also known as hypertension, it is one of the primary reason for heart-related diseases. The heart is central organ pumping blood to the entire body. Any damage or disturbance in the heart will have a dangerous effect on our life.
You all have to know that High blood pressure is the outcome of the poor lifestyle choices. Below are the few of the things that cause High blood pressure or hypertension.
Causes of High blood pressure
- Chronic alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- A defect in the blood vessels.
- Thyroid diseases.
- Unhealthy food habits (Foods with high-fat content and salt, little or no potassium and Vitamin D in diet).
- Sleeping disorders.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco.
- No physical activity.
- Heredity factors.
These things greatly affect and are the most common reasons for high blood pressure. It gives rise to high blood pressure with varied symptoms.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
- Facial flushing.
- Blood spots in the eyes.
The above mentioned are the symptoms of hypertension that are can also occur from other disorders.
Below are the symptoms that are solely shown in High blood pressure.
- Shortness of breath,
- Severe anxiety.
- Bleeding through the nose.
- Severe headaches.
The symptoms of High blood pressure are dangerous. As high blood pressure leads to different heart and blood-related health issues, it is better to take necessary actions.
There are many complications and severe health issues which result from High blood pressure.
Complications of High Blood Pressure
- Heart attack.
- Kidney disorders.
- Cognitive issues.
- Artery diseases.
- Eye damage.
- Fluid builds up in lungs.
- Erectile dysfunction.
The complications and the results of the High blood pressure are quite deadly; They pose severe and chronic effects on our lives.
What do you think is the best resolution or remedy for hypertension? Most of us are dependent on modern medications and treatments? How far do they treat us?
Once we start taking modern medications or treatments, it becomes a compulsion for us to take them regularly. Drugs suppress symptoms but do not heal in great extent. Also, we become dependent and raise different healthy complications in our life.
What to do in this case? Home remedies are the best thing I say. These remedies are in use for centuries for enhancing health. Unlike modern medications, these do not have much side effects. They not only treat high blood pressure but reduce other health issues.
Home remedies for High Blood Pressure
Blueberries have standard concentrations of flavonoid quercetin, a component that cures many heart diseases. It treats arrhythmia, palpitations, enhances capillary functions, and regulates glucose metabolism. Flavonoid reduces arterial blood pressure and widens the blood vessels, the primary cause of hypertension.
- Take eight tablespoons of dried blueberries and boil it in 4 cups of water under low heat.
- Simmer until the liquid comes to half.
- Filter the liquid and extract the juice from the solid leftovers.
- Add 1 cup of honey and stir it till it is properly mixed.
You may add honey and heat the liquid for 20 more minutes for a thicker syrup.
Cool down the liquid and put it in an airtight glass jar. It can stay fresh up to 3-4 weeks under refrigeration.
Cat’s claw is in use as a natural herb for a long time. The main components in the bark and root parts are tannins and flavonoids. These two elements relieve pain, reduce inflammation, enhance the immune system and stop the heart diseases. The herb is acting as mild diuretic, removes unwanted salt and water in the body. It also lowers the blood pressure and promotes the smooth flow of blood through vasodilation. These properties of the cat claws are a great deal in treating hypertension.
- Take 1 – 2 tablespoons of dried cat’s claw herb (bark part and the scientific name is Uncaria tomentosa).
- Add it to 1 ½ or t cups of water and boil it over small heat.
- Let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add honey or lemon for flavor and enhance the benefits of the herb.
Drink the tea once every day. Make sure that the herb is from a bark of Uncaria tomentosa.
Pregnant women should avoid this herb.
Hibiscus has diuretic properties. It draws sodium from the bloodstream and decreases pressure on the walls of arteries. It also balances fluid and blood pressure in the body. These things contribute to the relaxation of blood vessels, a decrease in blood pressure and lowering the volume of blood. Thus, alleviating from blood pressure.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of dried hibiscus.
- Add the herbs to a cup of fresh hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Add honey or lemon to flavor the tea and also for their benefits.
- Drink the tea 2-3 times in a day. You may also add cinnamon to the tea, as it also helps in lowering blood pressure.
Watermelon is the juicy and refreshing fruit of all time. Citrulline a significant element in watermelon that produces nitric oxide. Nitric oxide regulates the system and helps in proper flow and pressure of blood in the body through vascular systemic resistance. It widens the blood vessels and lowering of vascular resistance, resulting in lowering blood pressure.
- Drink 1-2 cups of fresh watermelon juice or fruit every day.
- Eating in the morning on an empty stomach has highest benefits.
- Banana is rich in potassium. It plays a significant role in lowering blood pressure. The mineral also balances the salt level in the body and regulates proper functioning of kidneys.
- Recent studies have shown that eating at least two bananas a day will reduce blood pressure by nearly 10%.
Potatoes, dates, and avocados are other foods that are rich in potassium.
Coconut water contains standard amounts of potassium and magnesium. These both components are responsible for proper regulation of muscle functions. It helps out the heart, a giant primary muscle in the body. Recent studies show that it balances and controls the outflow of blood from the heart (systolic blood pressure).
- Drinking 8 ounces of fresh organic water is best to take the benefits.
- Mornings are ideal for drinking coconut water.
- Taking coconut oil or other forms of coconut is also effective.
Fish oil has ample amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. They are the best thing that saves from heart attacks and strokes. Fish oil also reduces triglycerides and increases HDL. It also reduces a risk of high blood pressure after a heart transplant.
- Drink high-quality fish oil along with orange or other favorable juices or foods.
- Pills have high doses. Avoiding the pills is better as it may lead to side effects.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a strong anti-oxidant. It plays a significant role in lowering blood cholesterol, alongside with anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting properties. Curcumin protects cell damage and dilates arteries. The chemical also acts as a messenger for the muscle cells for contraction, thereupon dilating arteries. With these properties, it is one of the best things that can balance the blood pressure in the body.
Turmeric is fat-soluble, meaning it dissolves in fat. Without fat, it becomes difficult for the body to take the benefits of turmeric.
- Taking turmeric by adding it to curries and fat-soluble foods is one of the best options.
- Dissolving it in coconut oil and then adding it to smoothe.
- Consuming turmeric along with black pepper. Piperine, a component in black pepper increases the bioavailability of curcumin by 1000 times.
Besides reducing blood pressure, it also helps in treating depression and preventing Alzheimer’s.
Fenugreek seeds have standard concentrations of potassium and dietary fibers. As mentioned earlier, potassium helps out in reducing high blood pressure. Dietary fibers lower blood cholesterol levels and balances blood sugar levels. Having both these major components in diet will help to reduce and maintaining blood pressure levels.
- Boil 1-2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds for 2 minutes and strain it.
- Take these seeds and make it into a proper paste.
- Eat the paste two times a day. Once on an empty stomach in the morning and once in the evening.
Using this for 2 – 3 months will give out significant results.
The home remedies will surely help out in controlling and reducing high blood pressure. But, having a healthy lifestyle also plays an important role. Taking these remedies or other treatments without proper lifestyle would show no good results.
Hence, it is a compulsion to follow few healthy habits to reduce hypertension and have a healthy life.
Dark chocolates have different flavonols that increase the elasticity of blood vessels. Thereupon, it decreases the blood pressure. Recent studies have proven, dark chocolate reduces hypertension by at least 20%.
Eat an ounce of dark chocolate every day. Ensure that the dark chocolate contains at least 70% of cocoa.
Healthy measures to reduce High Blood pressure
- Reduce sodium content in the food. Avoid processed foods, full-fat dairy products, and fatty meals. Also, eliminate other saturated fat foods.
- Eat healthy. Include fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Low-fat dairy products, lean meats, fish, and nuts are also good for health.
- Swimming, jogging, cycling, and walking controls the blood pressure.
- Lose unwanted and excess weight. It will lower high blood pressure.
- Limit smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Do not stress and strain either physically or mentally.
- Caffeine also boosts up blood pressure. A person consumes caffeine every day increases the blood pressure by 10 mm Hg.
It is always better to avoid a disease rather than having to face and treat. Follow the healthy tips and do not let the evil diseases crawl you.
Knowing the initial symptoms of High Blood pressure is crucial. When you are aware of the symptoms, it is easy to prevent the disease.
Initial signs of High Blood Pressure
- Breathing problems.
- Unclear visions.
Ayurveda treatments to control high blood pressure:
In Ayurveda hypertension called as Rakta Capa Vriddhi . In Ayurveda treats all disease as imbalance of three prakritis vata ,p itta and Kapha. Ayurveda sees the vitiation of Vata and Pitta doshas as the primary cause. Therefore, Ayurveda treatment of hypertension mainly involves a balancing of these two doshas. Treatment of hypertension in Ayurveda mainly involves a balancing of these two doshas. A balanced diet with yoga and meditation is a very much effective way to control hypertension.
All the medicines which alleviate Vayu,and helps the strengthen the nervous system are very useful in this condition.
Lasuna or garlic is an excellent drug.Garlic produces a heating effect in the body.
Garlic made into a paste and mixed with buttermilk is very useful for the treatment of this condition.
To begin with about one gm of garlic should be administered three times a day.This should gradually be increased to 3 gms,t hree times a day.Another method that is popularly followed is to try the garlic in ghee.This reducer the smell and makes it palatable.
Sarpagandha is commonly used in the treatment of high blood pressure by Ayurvedic physicians.This drug is also used very widely in the allopathic system of medicine.Many alkaloids have been isolated from this drug and they are found to be effective in reducing blood pressure.In Ayurveda,t he root of this medication is used in its raw state.The powder of the drug is given to an adult patient in a dose of half teaspoonful three times a day.
Best Food for Blood Pressure
In your diet include more foods and vegetables. Researches proved vegetarian diet has magical affect on blood pressure. plant food has some thing that help reduces blood pressure. fruits contains potassium vitamin C and lost of soluble fiber. all this are blood pressure lowering agents. It is better you eat vitamin C found in amla and sweet lime.
It acts as vasodilator it dilates blood vessels and lower blood pressure. It contains adenosine a compound which promotes vasodilation and it also muscle relaxant. you can use this in any form raw garlic is more potent and beneficial.
Wheat grass juices
Wheat grass juices contains magnesium and potassium, this minerals lower blood pressure and a deficiency of this minerals may cause hypertension.
Regular use of celery can lower blood pressure.
Fish contains omega 3 fats in it. various fishes are use for lowering blood pressure.
increase use of salt can cause hyper tension. use very less or salt free diet.
Tobacco affect directly blood pressure, stop smoking.
It is believed that uses of alcohol causes hyper tension.
Fasting Therapy for Hypertension:
Begin with exclusive fresh fruits diet for about a week. In this regime, he should take three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits such as apple, orange, mango, guava, pineapple, grape, watermelon are the best fruit at five-hourly intervals. Bananas & Jackfruit should be avoided. Thereafter he may adopt fruit & milk diet, for about 15 days. It is important to note that milk should be boiled only once. After fruit & milk diet, the patient should gradually adopt a well-balanced diet.
Diet Cure Chart for Hypertension:
- Upon Arising: Juice of one lemon & two teaspoons honey added to a glass of water extracted from wheat soaked previous morning.
- After ½ Hour: Juice extracted from 2 big Onions and 2 – 3 cloves of garlic.
- Breakfast (After ½ Hour): One cup milk with required sugar, two toast (no butter) if homemade butter (without salt) then ½ tsp. Of butter per slice is allowed.
- Mid Morning: One fruit or juice of seasonal veg. Such as cucumber, carrot, tomato, & look, in which juice of six tablespoons Amla & ginger should be added (Juice can be extracted from any one or all above said veg.)
- Lunch: Two wheat chappati, one bowl boiled veg. Without salt, one bowl sprouted pulses, one bowl salads made out of veg. And one bowl card or glass of butter milk without salt.
- Mid Afternoon: Seasonal fruit, orange, watermelon & other juicy fruits like Chikoo, Jamun, apple, guava, pineapple.
- Early Evening: One glass of vegetable juice made of seasonable veg.
- Dinner: One cup tomato soup or another vegetable without adding salt & spices, add only a little pepper powder and milk, two toasted vegs. Sandwich, one bowl rice with curd.
- Bed Time: Hot milk without sugar.
Avoid: Tea, Coffee, Alcohol, Tobacco, Flesh Food, Salt, Sugar, White Flour, Fried & Refined Food, Tinned & Frozen Foods & Soft Drinks.
Beneficial Foods: Apple, Cucumber, Garlic, Amla, Celery, Watermelon, Milk, Potato, Lemon, Alfalfa.
Selective Home Remedies for Hypertension:
- Cucumber: A glass of juice twice a day mixed with honey & tsp. of lime juice.
- Amla: Tsp. of amla juice with honey should be taken every morning.
- Carrot Juice: Mixed equal quantity of carrot & spinach juice once a day.
- Lemon: One Tsp. is recommended every 3 hours or after or before meals.
- Water Melon: Juice of watermelon twice a day.
Auto Suggestion for Hypertension:
- Every day in every way I am getting better & better.
- I joyously release the past. I am at peace.
Yoga asanas to control high blood pressure: High Blood is a threatening disease that causes many serious health problems.Here I am sharing some importance yoga asanas that are an effective way to control high blood pressure.Yoga is a holistic and natural way of healing. Vajra-asana,S upta vajra asana,shashank asana,bhujang asana,shalabh and shavasana are very effective yoga asanas to cure high blood pressure.
mudra for Hypertension or High blood pressure:
Aakaash-vardhak ,Kapha-Kaarak ,Apaan- vaayu ,Vaata-kaarak
These mudras are very effective for controlling high blood pressure
Simple ways to prevent Hyper Tension or High Blood Pressure:
Maintaining a Healthy Weight Reduce Salt/Sodium Intake Increase Physical Exercise Smoking Cessation Limit Alcohol Consumption Limit Fat Intake Control Diabetes Stress Relieving Techniques Take BP Meds as Ordered
Juises Fasting for High blood pressure
Here are some importance juices, which are an effective way to control high blood pressure. Juice therapy is an easy and effective way of treatment. It is also called as juice fasting. It is the most effective way to restore health and rejuvenate the body.
Grape juice, beet juice, orange juice, cucumber juice, and carrot juices are very effective to control high blood pressure
How to Manage High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure has become a major concern in many countries, with every age group being vulnerable to the condition. Initially, the condition was known to affect women and older people more commonly. This notion has changed with time due to the change in modern eating habits and the tendency for more people to live a sedentary lifestyle.
There is no known cure for high blood pressure, but it can be managed to levels that will not affect the normal life of the sufferer. With few factors to consider, you can be sure to take control of the condition and live a normal life.
Watch Your Waistline and Lose the Extra Pounds
Weight gain is one of the key contributors to the advancement of blood pressure. Being overweight also has an adverse effect on your breathing as you sleep, which is known to raise your blood pressure. Losing at least 4.5 kilograms (10 pounds) can play a significant role in reducing your blood pressure.
Alongside losing some weight, you should keep an eye on your waistline. Having too much weight around your waist is one of the main contributors that can put you at a greater risk of high blood pressure. Men should maintain they waistline below 102 centimetres (40 inches), while women are recommended to have a waist measurement of below 89 centimetres (35 inches). These measurements, however, vary among different ethnic groups and your doctor should be in a better position to advise you accordingly.
Setting time for 30-minutes of physical exercise most days of the week can lead to lowering your blood pressure by at least 4 to 9 millimetres of mercury (mm Hg). The exercises should be done regularly to prevent the rise of your blood pressure when you stay dormant. Some of the exercises that can help in managing your blood pressure include jogging, swimming, dancing, walking and cycling. Most cardiovascular exercises will help, but again check with your doctor before undertaking any new exercise program if you have high blood pressure.
Unhealthy eating habits have contributed to many cases of high blood pressure. Reducing the amount of fast food you consume should be the first habit that you should consider. Fruits, whole grains, low-fat dairy product and vegetables can help in lowering your blood pressure by up to 14 mm Hg. This eating plan is referred to as Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet.
Patients diagnosed with high blood pressure can use medicines prescribed by the doctor to manage the condition. These medications are mostly administered to people who do not have the strength to exercise, like the old. Candesartan is one of the drugs used to treat hypertension and is normally given with other drugs that manage high blood pressure. Your doctor will determine the amount of Candesartan dose that you should take depending on the severity of the condition.
Limit Your Alcohol Intake
The amount of alcohol that you take can have both negative and positive effect on your condition. Alcohol taken in small quantities can help in lowering your blood pressure by 2 to 4 mm Hg. The role played by alcohol in lowering your blood pressure, however, becomes void when you drink too much, generally more than two drinks a day for men aged 65 and below and one for men older than 65 years and women.
One drink is equated to 1.5 ounces of 80-proof liquor, 12 ounces of beer or 5 ounces of wine. Drinking more than the recommended amount of alcohol can raise your blood pressure by several points.
The combination of a healthier lifestyle and medication can greatly reduce the risks associated with high blood pressure. Consult your doctor before making any major lifestyle changes if you have the condition, as they will advise you on the best course of action.
Acupressure Points for High Blood Pressure
Here I am sharing some important relief points which will help you to control high blood pressure. If you are suffering from high blood pressure then you may use a few of these points to apply pressure, within few minutes you will get relief quicker than an injection can do.
First relief point location: Two points on the throat at the level or slightly above Adam’s apple and about 1 AI on either side. Massage these points firmly with up and down motion and not hard enough to choke breathing.
Second relief point location: Two points, each about 3.5 AIs below the navel and 1 AI either side of the central line.
Third relief point location: One point only, just in the middle of the breastbone,1/2 AI above the level of nipples.Press or massage with up and down motions of thumb.
Fourth relief point location: One point only about 2-1/2 AIs directly above the navel and on the central line.
Fifth relief point location: Two points each at 1-1/2 AIs on either side of spine knob on the neck, between 7th cervical and 1st thoracic vertebrae. Use the thumb to press hard towards the disc.
Sixth relief point location: In the shallow between the front of inner ankle bone and strengthen muscles at the top of the foot.
These are the important relief points of high blood pressure in acupressure treatment.
You all know the severity of the High blood pressure. It is dangerous both for physical and mental levels. Taking preventive measures and healthy lifestyle is a good thing.
But sometimes, due to heredity or working and living compulsions we face health issues. High blood pressure is also on the list of severe illness.
Home remedies are the best thing to choose. Home remedies do not have many side effects. Alongside, it has more than one benefits contributing to standard health.