There is no need to go for dialysis to the patients who have not yet started the dialysis, and the ones who have begun their dialysis recently is possible to stop the dialysis in coming months. And keep the thought of Kidney Transplantation away from your mind.
The diet of the kidney patient should be decided by the level of the waste products like urea, creatinine, sodium, potassium, phosphorous in the blood as per the blood test.
Remember! Kidney disease is managed not only with the medicines but also with diet restriction.Depending only on the medications without food restriction will be fatal. Death may occur if they won’t follow strict diet restrictions.
Test for Kidney has started functioning: Purchase urine measurement pot from a medical store. On the first day before you initiate the treatment take your first urine in a white bottle. It will be observed to be hazy & having a bad odor after 12 days or 14 day takes the first urine and checks it. When the urine is found clear and without bad smell, it denotes that kidneys have started functioning normally.
NOTE: Begin with fruit fasting for seven days before 14 days detox program.
Two bananas; 1 papaya; 1 pomegranate; 1 apple; 1 glass beet juice in combination with carrot juice. Only give one cup barely soup and one cup Ragi kheer. Remember! Kidney patients must put on
Remember! Kidney patients must put on a liquid diet. Initially no solid or cooked food is given. The total fluid intake should be limited to an amount equal to urine volume plus 500ml.
Symptoms of Chronic Kidney Disease:
· Changes in urination – making more or less urine than usual, feeling pressure when urinating variations in the color of urine, foamy or bubbly urine, or having to get up at night to urinate.
· Swelling of the feet, ankles, hands or face – fluid the kidneys can’t remove may stay in the tissues.
· Fatigue or Weakness – a build up of wastes or a shortage of red blood cells (anemia) can cause these problems when the kidneys begin to fails.
· Shortness of breath – renal failure is sometimes confused with asthma or heart failure because fluid cans build up in the lungs.
· Ammonia Breath or an ammonia or metal taste in the mouth – waste build up in the body can cause bad breath, changes in taste, or an aversion to protein foods like meat.
· Back or Flank pain – the kidneys are located on either side of the spine in the back.
· Itching – waste up build in the body can cause severe itching, especially
of the legs.
· Loss of appetite & Nausea and Vomiting
Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD):
|Stages||Description||G FR Level|
|Normal Kidney Function||Healthy Kidneys||90mL/min or more|
|Stage 1||Damage – normal or high GFR||90mL/min or more|
|Stage 2||Damage – mild decrease in GFR||60 to 89 mL/min|
|Stage 3||Moderate decrease in GFR||30 to 59 mL/min|
|Stage 4||Severe decrease in GFR||15 to 29 mL/min|
|Stage 5||Kidney Failure||Less than 15 mL /min or on dialysis.|
“GFR Level “– Glomerular Filtration Rate, is a measure of how well your kidneys are cleaning your blood. Based on Creatinine Measurement GFR is a calculation of how efficiently the kidneys are filtering wastes from the blood. Your GFR is the best indicator of how well your kidneys are working.
In stage 1 and stage 2 CKD, there are often few symptoms.
Early CKD is usually diagnosed when there is: High Blood Pressure; Higher than normal levels of creatinine or urea in the blood; Blood or protein in the urine;
In stage 3 CKD, anemia (a shortage of red blood cells) and /or early bone disease may appear and should be treated to help you feel your best and reduce problems down the road.
Blood Urea Nitrogen: (BUN) Blood carries protein to cells throughout the body. After the cells use the protein, the remaining waste product is returned to the blood as urea compound that contains nitrogen. Healthy kidneys take urea out of the blood and put it in the urine. If your kidneys are not working well, the
Periodical Medical Checkup: Routine blood and urine tests. Three simple tests to the screen of kidney disease: a blood pressure measurement, a spot check for protein or albumin in the urine (proteinuria), and a calculation of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) based on a serum creatinine measurement. Measurement urea nitrogen in the blood provides additional information. (Maintain your medical records in reverse chronological order i.e. oldest ones last and newest ones first.)
Things to avoid: Aspirin-used other than recommended or long term. Ibuprofen-used other than recommended or long term. The acetaminophen-used long term, or other than recommended. Naproxen-used other than recommended or long term. Any analgesic (pain killer)-used in combination with another can cause kidney failure harm. Any analgesic combination which also contains caffeine or codeine-can cause kidney failure. Out-dated tetracyclines-are poisons. Toluene inhalation (industrial exposure or glue sniffing). Combining over the counter drugs or prescription drugs with alcohol.
Normal aging usually takes its toll on the kidneys naturally. That is a common belief. I don’t know if I completely agree. Sure they will wear out sooner or later, but some people do live full, healthy lives well into their 100’s. I think it is because of their lifestyle and eating habits. As well as their outlook on life. We do have 2 kidneys so even if one wore out at 50 we should have another 50 years on the other one! So for goodness sake take every precaution to keep from getting to the point of having your kidneys fail.
Contributing factors of renal failure: Degenerative diseases; congestive heart failure; anemia; – rheumatoid arthritis; fibrinogen formation; fibrosis; diabetes; asthma; lupus; psoriasis; kidney stone etc.
Kidney Function Tests: Any disturbance in the functioning of the kidneys can be judged from a series of tests conducted on the blood and urine of the patient. The extent of damage to the kidney, if may, can be easily detected on the basis of the following biochemical tests.
|Sr. no.||determination||Normal values||Increased in||Decreased in|
|1||SGPT||5-35IU at 37˚C||–||Renal insufficiency|
|3||Calcium||9.0-11.0mg/dl 4.5-5.5mEq/L||–||Chronic Renal disease|
|4||Chloride||95-106mEq/L||Renal tubular disease||Salt-losing Renal disease|
|6||Creatinine||0.7-1.5mg/dl||Impaired renal function||–|
|7||Glucose||70-110mg/dl||Chronic Renal Failure||–|
|9||Inorganic Phosphorus||2.5-4.5mg/dl(adult) 4.0-6.0mg/dl(child)||Renal insufficiency||–|
|10||Potassium||3.8-5.6mEq/l||Renal glomerular disease||Renal tubular disease|
|12||Total Protein||6-8gm/dl||–||Renal disease (protein-losing)|
|14||Uric acid||2.0-7.0mg/dl||Renal failure||Renal tubular defect|
|15||Urea nitrogen||7.0-23mg/dl||Impaired renal function post-renal conditions|
In urine (24 hrs collection): Clearance test are designed to measure the efficiency with which the kidneys remove certain substances from the blood. Urea and creatinine are commonly measured for clinical purpose.
The normal value of adults for creatinine clearance ranges between 100- 180ml/minute. While normal urea clearances are 50-100ml/minute. These values multiplied by 1.4 give liters per day. Ideally, clearance should be corrected for body size. In early cases of kidney diseases, a fall in the clearance rate may occur before the serum creatinine and urea level rise above normal.
Dialysis can not replace the healthy and normal function of kidneys but it allows patients to avoid the life threatening features of uremia. Dialysis does not help to relieve all the symptoms of chronic renal failure and the patient must continue to observe dietary and fluid restrictions. The main function of kidneys is to excrete the waste products of the body. When the kidneys are damaged waste products like creatinine, urea etc. are accumulated in the body and becomes toxic condition. Nausea, Vomiting, Dyspnoea, weakness are some of the symptoms of such condition. The patient is put on a dialysis machine to duplicate the kidney’s function to clean the blood and body from the toxic elements accumulated. In order to achieve maximum benefit of the treatment, it is important to adhere to your diet.
Clinical and Metabolic Disorders in Dialysis:
a. A type of hyperlipidemia and other disorder of lipid metabolism
b. A high incidence of CV disease particularly IHD
c. Osteodystrophy with disorder bone architecture, osteoporosis or osteomalacia
d. Itching: due to high phosphorous levels, as Phosphorous is not effectively removed by dialysis. That’s why foods with phosphorus are restricted on the renal diet.
e. Infection & clotting: Proper care for the access (either a fistula or a graft) is important in hemodialysis. The access can become infected or inflamed.
g. Impaired immune function and decreased resistance to infection
h. Mildly impaired peripheral and CNS function
i. Muscle weakness and atrophy
j. Frequent occurrence of viral hepatitis
k. Sexual impotence and infertility
l. Generalized wasting and malnutrition
m. Emotional depression
n. Poor rehabilitation HOW TO GET RIDE FROM DIALYSIS (TREATMENT FOR KIDNEY FAILURE) How to Prepare Black Tea: Put one cup of water to boil. Add one teaspoon of any Tea (Mumri or any tea will do, but not dust tea) in it & boil till it reduce to half a cup. Filter it and add half cup of warm water, drink one cup of black tea, the first thing in the morning. In case of nausea keep 2 cloves or little sugar in the mouth. After 30 minutes, regular breakfast can be taken. URINE becomes clear & odourless. Make it a habit of drinking such black tea without adding salt or sugar for taste every year for 12 days in cold season & PREVENT any problems of kidney.
Test for Kidney has started functioning: On the first day before you start drinking black tea take your first urine in a white bottle. It will be observed to be hazy & having
How to prepare Green Raw Juice: Take any leafy vegetables like Methi, Spinach, Cabbage, green coriander & Mint leaves etc. leaves of any non-poisonous plant clean them thoroughly in salt water. Grind them and extract Juice. Daily drink 1 to 3 cups adding there in each cup 1 teaspoon of health drink + 1 tablespoon of honey. Do not worry if you get green loose motions. Drink sip by sip very slowly with spoon 1 cup in
Health Drink: a) Prepare a mixture of Amla powder 300 gm & ginger powder 100 gms. Take on
How to Prepare Silver Charged Water: Put 30 to 60 grams of silver pure coins in
The above treatment is recommended by a Dr. Devendra Vora in his book “Health in your hands” Thousand of patients get cure through sincere implementing this method. But here there is request to adopt this method only when you are feeling satisfaction
Remember No One Can Help You If You Won’t Help Yourself14 Days Kidney Detoxification Program(Detox – A Body & Mind Auto Inner Cleansing)Fasting Is Nature’s Drugless Way of Healing Cooked food increases the
A) Liquid Fasting: ( No Solid Food) Day 1: Drink only
Day 2 & 3: Liquid & Fruit Diet Fasting a. Soak
B) Vegetable Raw Juice Fasting (Day 4 to 7): Resort to juice fasting for 4 days or till the acute symptom subside. (Total juice intake should be equal to 2 small
6pm: Half cup carrot juice7pm: Half cup bottle gourd (luki) juice. 8pm: 1 teaspoon pure neem honey
C) Fruit Diet Fasting (Day 8 to 10): Grape (red or purple) or raisins (munaqqa- dry grape) should be soaked in the total intake (should be 1 small cup plus urine out put) for 12 to 18 hours. This would swell them to original size of grape, eating after discarding the seeds of the grapes. The water in which the grapes soaked should be drink through out the day in very small quantity. The grape meal or raisins diet take every 2 hours from 7am to 7 pm followed for 3 days. i.e. 7am – 9am – 11am – 1 pm – 3 pm – 5pm – 7pm.The patient should begin the grape cure with a small quantity. In course of time, about 100 grams may safely take at a meal.
D) Fruit & Milk Diet Fasting (Day 11 to 14): Begin with 50 ml to 100 ml of milk every 2 hours as per the condition of patient. Preferably goat’s milk or cow milk. The milk should be fresh and un-boiled without adding sugar, but may be slightly warm if desired. The milk should be slowly chewed instead of drinking or gulped it by sipping slowly in draughts saliva secreted in the mouth mix it. This may be taken 6 or 7 times between sunrise & sunset. Continue this regimen for 3 days. During this period don’t drink water because water contain is already present in milk.
In case of constipation take enema and if suffer from diarrhea; reduce the dose for a day or two. Remove fat and dilute by adding some boiled water. If one suffers from nausea or vomiting one should sucking piece of lemon juice after each dose of milk. In case of any discomfort or fever one should stop the milk and observe the fast for day or two day. When fever is gone continue milk cure diet for the said period.
Warm Water Enema: One should be taken daily while fasting to clean the bowel of toxic matter.
Test for Kidney has started functioning: On the first day before you start the treatment take your first urine in a white bottle. It will be observed to be hazy & having bad odour after 12 day or 14 day takes the first urine and checks it. When the urine is found clear and without bad odour, it denotes that kidneys have started functioning normally.
Periodical Medical Check – up: Routine blood and urine tests. Check for protein or albumin in the urine (proteinuria), and a calculation of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) based on a serum creatinine measurement (Maintain your medical records in reverse chronological order i.e. the oldest ones last and the newest ones first.)
Hydro Therapy for Kidney Failure: Cold: Expanding of blood vessel, decreased BP, for inflammatory condition. Hot: Contraction, increased blood flow, relieving deep congestion. 1.
Kidney Pack: Place hot water bag (42 – 45 deg C) to cover middle to lower back. Apply ice bag to cover lower part of chest bone and stomach. Wrap a dry cotton cloth over this for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Wet Girdle Pack: Dip thin cotton under wear in cold water. Wear it after wringing out. Wear dry thick woolenunder wear over this for one hour.
3. Hot Sitz Bath: The level of water in tub should be enough to immerse the pelvic region. Begin by sitting for 2 minutes in hot water, and then sit for 1 minute in cold water. Do this thrice. End up sitting for 2 minutes in cold water. Now dry the body thoroughly.
4. Whole Body Pack: Spread blanket on bed or floor. Now spread wet wring bed sheet on it. And spread wet and wring towel over the bed sheet. Now un -dress patient and lies on his back on this bed. Wrap towel around his chest, then bed sheet around his body. Leave his head and face free and finally wrap blanket. Before the treatment patient should drink little water. In about an hour patient sweats profusely. After 5 minutes un -wrap and dry the body with another towel.
5. Steam Bath: Take a bucket big enough to immerse the leg up to the knee. Fill it with hot water that can be tolerated to patient. Remove all clothes and sit on stool. Immersing both legs in water. Place a cold wet to
6. Ablution (Wazu) Therapy: Wash both hands, first right then left up to wrists thrice times. Gargle the mouth to throat thrice times, brushing your teeth perfectly with miswak (datoon) is mean of purify mouth. Sniff water thrice into nostrils first right then left with your right hand and blow out nose using of left hand. Wash your face thrice times .Wash both hands first right then left hand thrice times up to elbow. Ensure washing of space between fingers. Wipe the head with wet hands once. Clean the inside of ears by inserting the wet index finger into ears and folds of ears, then clean back of ear by pressing wet thumb from bottom upwards. Wash both feet. First right then left thrice times up to ankles. Ensure cleaning of spaces between toes using little finger of your left hand.
Metal Therapy: (How to prepare Silver Charged Water) Put 30 to 60 grams of silver pure coins in a 8 glasses of water and boil it till reduced to 2 glasses. Do not use silver ornaments. When the charged water cool down remove the silver coin and keep in a clean glass bottle and drink a cup 3 times every day.
Color Therapy for Kidney Failure: 1. Treat with blue for 10 minutes over kidney area, alternate with orange. 2. Rub your kidney area. Think friendly thoughts about your kidney as you rub in circular motion over kidney area. Send healing blue light energy into these vital organs.
Acupressure Treatment for Kidney Disorder: The following points should be press with
Sun Bath: Take sun bath after sunrise or before 1 hour of sun set.
Abdominal Breathing: Exhale air by slowly pressing stomach inward. Shut mouth and inhale air from nose by releasing stomach upward.
Shav Asana: (Dead Pose): After awaking & at bed time lie down on your back, relax all part of the body and left to gravity. Release the tension from tips of toes to the forehead. Now concentrate on your breath then after 10 minutes slowly turn to your right side and open your eye slowly.
Apaan Mudra: If any patient suffering from urinary obstruction, due to any reasons, he will pass urine within 20 – 25 minutes after practicing this mudra. But patients suffering from prostate gland and stone problems will not benefit from this mudra. To restore the urine flow, this mudra must be performed with both hands.
Walking Exercise: Patient should be taken daily while fasting to clean the bowel of toxic matter. Auto – Suggestion: 1. Every day in every way I am getting better and better. 2. God is Almighty. God is merciful. He is healing me of kidney disorder. With thanks and in full faith so be it 3. I release the pattern in my consciousness that created this condition .I am willing to change. I love and approve of myself. (One should say after awaking in morning and while go to bed.)
The Physician who has made study of the physiological and therapeutically action of poisonous drugs will conclude that these drugs are not beneficial to the patients. Admitting that they do benefit in few cases but they injure the whole human system in a large number of cases. In every case simple herbs used as food materials may be quite sufficient.
Bananas: Regular and moderate intake of bananas reduces the risk of kidney cancer. Bananas are rich in antioxidant phenolic compounds, which neutralize and remove free radicals that cause cancer. It is suggested to eat four to six bananas per week to cut your risk of kidney cancer in half.
Cucumber: Cucumber is a natural kidney cleanser. Eating raw cucumber cleanses kidneys of acids and toxins. Drinking cucumber juice alone or adding cucumber juice to carrot juice is a great home remedy for kidney problems.
Radish: Radish juice is one of the most potent home remedies to get rid of kidney diseases caused by kidney stones. Drinking half a cup of fresh radish juice on an empty stomach dissolves kidney stones and passes them out of the body in the urine. Radishes are consumed raw on an empty stomach for maximum therapeutic effect. Radishes are also used as natural kidney cleansers to improve elimination.
Beet Juice: Beets are natural cleansers for kidneys. Beet juice improves blood circulation and formation of red blood cells, which maintains kidney functions. It is also a natural cure for high blood pressure and heart problems. Consumption of pure beet juice is not advisable. Beet juice should be mixed with carrot juice with a concentration of 1:4. Drink 1 to 1 ½ cups of juice two times a day for maximum effects.
Asparagus Juice: Asparagus juice is a natural diuretic. Asparagus juice is mixed with carrot juice because the pure and concentrated form may cause strong kidney reactions. It also controls diabetes, the leading cause of kidney disease.
Bathua : It is beneficial in kidney problems. It relieves hesitancy and strangury micturition and restores the flow.
Arbi : Eating the arbi is beneficial in kidney diseases. It makes the kidneys strong.
Water-melon: Eating water-melon is beneficial in Nephrites.
Long cucumber: Taking mixed juice of carrots and long cucumber or carrots and turnips cures kidney diseases.
Potato: A patient suffering from kidney problem should eat potatoes. It contains lots of sodium and very little of potassium. Too much of potassium causes excessive secretion of salt from the kidneys.
Mango: Mango is shaped like a kidney. Eating mangoes regularly strengthens kidneys.
Orange: Taking one or two oranges before breakfast in the morning followed by a glass of hot water or taking orange juice cures kidney problems or protects one from kidney ailments. Oranges keep the kidneys clean. Apples and grapes are also equally beneficial. Fruit juices keep the kidneys healthy if taken in the morning before breakfast.
Honey: The use of honey is beneficial in kidney problems.
Carrots: Boil 2 tsp. of carrot seeds in a glass of water and drink it. It will increase the flow of urine.Methi: For Swelling of legs & arms. Apply methi leave paste on swelling part or kalonji seed paste reduces the swelling. kharboza :For Reducing swelling over kidney. Eating of Ilaichi with kharboza seed can reduce the swelling, relief in pain and increase the urine out put. Barley: This proves that after illness, the preparation made from barley and beet roots is very good tonic for weak persons. The barley gruel was especially prepared after boiling barley with milk and sweetened with honey. Drink barley water twice daily to increase blood .However it is effective during summers
Bottle Gourd-The use of bottle gourd is considered an effective remedy for kidney ailments. Bottle gourd is one of the best vegetables for kidney disorder patients. Regular use of cooked bottle gourd helps in developing immunity. Gourd, cool, and alkaline. It helps dissolve uric acid levels and aids in dissolving kidney stones. Its high silicon content is believed to encourage healthy skin, nails and hair growth.
Cinnamon: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks.
Pomegranate: Mohammed is said to have proclaimed, “Eat of the pomegranate. It will cleanse your soul of hatred and envy.” a yin tonic that builds the kidneys, liver, blood
Tulsi Leaves: Basil found beneficial for kidney ailments. Chew 10 to 12 fresh leaves on empty stomach.
Turmeric: Main use of turmeric juice taken regularly is as a blood purifier. Turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory effects, so it may be used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Inflammation is a body response to irritation, injury, or infection. Turmeric is known to be a strong antioxidant, a substance thought to protect body cells from damage caused by a
Built up resistance with natural Antibiotics: 1-2 tsp of tincture daily – Mullein /. 1-2 tsp of tincture daily – Chlorophyll /. 1-2 tsp of tincture daily – Comfrey /1-2 tsp of tincture daily – Echinacea How to prepare Black Tea: Put one cup of water to boil. Add one teaspoon of any Tea (Mumri or any tea will do, but not dust tea) in it & boil till it
Natural Preventive Management Program for Kidney Failure
“A rupee of prevention is better than a cure with lakhs of rupees with life threatening side effects.”Preventive Management Program for Kidney Failure “Prevention is not only better & cheaper than a cure but is the only option for a healthy life.” PREVENTION IS BETTER & CHEAPER THAN CURE?
There is an apocryphal story of a village which nested on top of a cliff .From the cliff was a precipitous drop of a hundred meters in a valley. At times people fell down from the promontory of the cliff; some escaped with broken bones, where as others died. The Gram panchayat decided to do some thing about calamities. What do you think they did? They had a nice little hospital built down in the valley, staffed with nice doctors & nurses, and a nice little operation theatre was for them to work in; and a nice ambulance was kept ready round the clock, for all eventualities .Nobody thought of putting up a railing or wall around the cliff.
The story of that village is the story of the world. We all are as foolish as the old men of that Gram panchayat. We forget that “prevention is better & cheaper than cure”. In fact we are breeding diseases these days that can not be cured. Why not prevent their onset by right living habits, & creating & contributing to a clean environment? It is very pity that Million are spent on research in combating and conquering diseases, but no money is spent in finding ways to maintain health & prevent sickness.NEED A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO HEALING: Beware no true cure and no restoration of health can be obtained with western medicines. The bombardment of antibiotics and heavy drugs creates more toxicity which not only suppressed the symptoms for time being, but also damaged the vital organs and weakens the immune system. Then how could be it effective in chronic ailments? And could mankind survive without the defensive mechanism of the body? Thereby it is better to safethan sorry. By choosing the better treatment options which are safe, effective, cheap and easy to understand and practice. The answer is only holistic approach to healing. Holistic means “addressing the whole”,are extremely beneficial is addressing and eliminating root causes of the diseases. Even when there is toxicity benefits can over weigh adverse reaction.
Contributing factors of kidney failure:
Degenerative diseases; congestive heart failure; anemia;-rheumatoid arthritis; fibrinogen formation; fibrosis; diabetes; asthma; lupus; psoriasis; kidney stone
Natural Treatment Chart And Prevention Plan for Kidney Stones
Treatment Chart & Prevention Plan for Kidney Stones
Fasting Therapy for Kidney Stones: A fast on carrot or orange juice and water should be adopted for 3 to 5 days. The juice should be diluted with water on 50: 50 basis should be taken every 2 hours from 7 am to 7 pm. The bowels should be clean with warm water enema during the period of fasting. An all fruit diet for further 3 to 5 days, 3 meals a day. Juice fruits such as apple, papaya, grapes, orange, and pineapple should be taken at 5 hourly intervals. Fruit and milk diet for further 5 days. In this regimen, fresh milk, preferably goat’s milk may be added to fruit diet as mentioned above. After an exclusive fresh fruit and milk diet, gradually adopt a well balanced low protein diet on the following lines, with emphasis on alkaline raw foods, fruits, vegetables and sprouted seeds. Short juice fast followed by all fruit diet and fruit and milk diet should be repeated at intervals of 2 months.
Wheat Grass Juice Therapy:Wheat grass juice therapy has produced encouraging result in the treatment of renal diseases, like stone inflammation of kidney and bladder, should be taken early in the morning or on empty stomach or 3 times a day according to degree of diseases density. For further detail please refer page no.
Diet Chart for Kidney Stone: A. Upon
C. Lunch:A bowl of freshly prepared steamed vegetables such as carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, beans, 2 or 3 whole wheat chapattis, unsalted fresh butter and a glass of butter milk.
D Mid Afternoon: A glass of carrot juice or coconut water
E Dinner: A large bowl of fresh green
F Bed Time
|Types of Stones||Avoid||Used More|
|Calcium Phosphate or Carbonate stone||Milk, cocoa, chocolate , coffee, tea ,egg, meat , jaifal, almond, beet , spinach||Bajra, barely, wheat, karela, green chilly, mango, orange.|
|Oxalates stone||Cheswnut, spinach, beet, tomato, fig, strawberry, coco, chicken, sitafal, coffee, cauliflower, ladyfinger.||Banana, karela, egg, carrot, guava|
|Uric acid stone||Meat, tea coffee, egg, pulse.||Milk ,curd ,sabodana , ghee potato|
Avoid: Tea, coffee, alcoholic beverages, flesh foods, salt , all condiments , highly flavored dishes, sugar , white flour products, denatured cereals and tinned bottled and frozen foods as well as foods containing oxalic acid such as spinach , beet , beans, brinjial , ladyfinger , cholai, strawberries , lime ,alma, almond , peanut.
Food Especially Beneficial: Garlic, cucumber, French beans, carrot, banana, papaya, watermelon, pineapple, barely, radish, mango, sugar cane, pomegranate.
Selective Home Remedies for Kidney Stones 🙁 Grind Your Stone) 1. Basil (Tulsi): Basil has the strengthening effect on the kidney. In case of kidney stones, basil juice and honey should be taken daily for 6 months. It has been found that stones can be expelled from the urinary tract by this treatment.
2. Apple for renal & gall stones: Drink 1 liter apple juice a day for 7 days. On the 7 th day at night a cup of olive oil, before going to bed. Sleep on your left side and by next morning all the stones will pass into stools. If needed a purgative does could be taken.
4. Pomegranate (Anar): The seeds of our and sweet pomegranate are a useful medicine for kidney stones. The seeds of both sour and sweet pomegranates are useful medicine for kidney stones. A tablespoon of the seeds, ground into a fine paste, can be given along with a cup of horse gram (kulthi) soup to dissolve gravel in kidneys. Two tablespoons of horse gram should be used for preparing the cup of soup.
5. Bottles Gourd (Lauki/ Dodhi): A glass of fresh juice prepared by grating the whole fruit should be mixed with a teaspoon of lime juice. It should be given once daily in the treatment of burning sensation in urinary passage due to high acidity of urine. It serves as an alkaline mixture.
6. Sugar Cane (Gana): useful in scanty urination. It keeps urinary flow clear and helps the kidney to perform their function properly. It is also valuable in burning due to acidity; enlarge prostate, cystitis and nephritis. For better result it should be mixed with lime juice and coconut water and ginger.
7. Beet: Beetroot juice in combination with juice of carrot and cucumber is one of the finest cleansing materials for kidney and bladder. It is highly beneficial in all disorder relating to these two organs.
9. Kidney Beans:Kidney beans, also known as dried French beans or Rajmah, are regarded as a very effective home remedy for kidney problems, including kidney stones. The method prescribed to prepare the medicine is to remove the beans from inside the pods, then slice the pods and put about sixty grams in four litre of hot water, boiling them slowly for six hours. This liquid should be strained through fine muslin and then allowed to cool for about eight hours. Thereafter the fluid should be poured through another piece of muslin without stirring. A glass of this decoction should be given to the patient every two hours throughout the day for one day and, thereafter, it may be taken several times a week. This decoction would not work if it was more than twenty-four hours old. The pods could be kept for longer periods but once they were boiled, the therapeutic factor would disappear after one day.
10. Coconut water: take 1 glass on empty stomach in morning and 1 glass in afternoon daily for a month.
11. Watermelon: Watermelon contains the highest concentration of water amongst all fruits. It is also rich in potassium salts. It is one of the safest and best diuretics which can be used with beneficial result in kidney stones.
Coriander leaves or Cilantro is Mediterranean herb. In India coriander is known as dhania patta. It is part of most Indian kitchens and very often used to garnish curries, salads and soups.
Coriander are used in traditional Indian medicine as a diuretic (a substance or drug that tends to increase the discharge of urine) by boiling equal amounts of coriander seeds and cumin seeds, then cooling and consuming the resulting liquid.
Coriander leaves is best natural herb for cleaning treatment for Kidneys.
Take a bunch of washed fresh Coriander leaves and cut it in small pieces. Put the chopped coriander leaves in a pot and pour clean water. Boil this for a period ten minutes. Take this mixture in refrigerator to cool.
Drink this coriander mixture a glass daily will help you to remove all salt and other accumulated poison coming out of your kidney by urination.
ACUPRESSURE THERAPY FOR KIDNEY FAILURE
How does acupressure affect the body?
Acupressure helps the body to achieve equilibrium in its functioning by:
Increasing the blood supply and regulating the blood flow to the ailing part. Clearing the blocked energy flow along meridians. Restoring the disrupted nerve impulse to normal
Diagnosis starts with solar plexus & barometer of body:
First set solar plexus if not found in order. Then checkpoint 8 of thyroid/parathyroid gland ( a barometer of the body). Also checkpoint No. 16 of Lymph gland (remove the toxin from the body) and also point 11 to 15 of sex gland).
Duration of Treatment: Pressure is applied for one minute on each point which is painting when pressed, there will be a flicker in eyes of patients. This has to be repeated 3 times a day (avoided 1 hour before & after a meal) continued this treatment till pain on these points subsides.
Precaution: Don’t go on pressing points for longer & many times, may damage switchboard & lead to weakness further load of more toxins come to
Aggravate symptoms of the disease: Good sign shows treatment is working properly. Don’t frighten because this is an effort of nature to remove the toxin from your body.v
Method of Applying Pressure:
1. Pumping: This should be done by pressing thumb pad on reflex points pressure must be applied & released alternatively. The pressure to be applied should be just enough for you to be able to feel it by keeping the thumb in a horizontal position. Normal pressure between 3 to 5 lbs on all points, except the points of endocrine gland (pituitary gland pt 3, pineal gland pt 4, thyroid & parathyroid pt 8, uterus pt 14, testes & ovaries pt 15, lymph gland pt 16, Adrenal pt 28 and Thymus pt 38) which are situated in middle of body thereby deeper pressure is to be applied by keeping thumb in vertical position. Here little pressure of about 12 to 15 lbs is applied.
2. Rotating: Thumb rotated with steady pressure either clockwise or anticlockwise on each reflex point. The pressure points on meridian are stimulated by anti-clockwise movement & sedated by clockwise movement.
Acupressure Treatment for Kidney Disorder:
The following points should be press with the thumb like pumping on each palm 3 times daily for 2 minutes. But remember
On thumb in the mid area there are 2 glands ( Pituitary gland & Pineal gland), and at the end of the thumb in a curve shape area Thyroid & Parathyroid gland is situated.Beside this kidney area is located. And above the kidney area in the right hand the Adrenal gland is located at the right side. And on the left hand the Adrenal gland is located at left side. Along with these points also press the lever point on the right-hand palm situated below the half inch from the end of the little finger. And heart point on the left hand located below the half inch from the end of the little finger. Also rub the wrist area where the hands are the end, in a circular motion and press the centre area (Lymph gland) with the thumb.
Few Things to Remember:1. Pressure for a long period over a single area should be avoided.2. Women should not be given treatment during menses and pregnancy.3. The degree of pressure is pleasant and bearable to patient.4. At least one hour before and after treatment no food or drink to be consumed
PRANAYAM FOR KIDNEY FAILURE
PRANAYAM &KIDNEY FAILURE
Breathing: Foundation for Good Health
How to perform Shavasana:
After waking & at bed time lie down on your back, relax all part of the body and left to gravity. Release the tension from tips of toes to the forehead. Now concentrate on your breath then after 10 minutes slowly turn to your right side and open your eye slowly.
Lie down on your back, relax all the limbs and let the body be left to the gravity. Keep your attention on the different part of the body and check if these are relaxed. Attention is withdrawn gradually from the tips of the toes to the forehead. This is done slowly from below upwards as shown in the figure.
1. Lie on your back. Keep your feet 12” to 18” apart. Let each foot lie on its side in a comfortable position. Keep your arms 6” away from the body with your palms facing the sky and fingers half bend.
2. Bring your awareness to the feet and turn the toes towards the ground and then relax. Now forget the toes.
3. Stretch the muscles of the right leg from toes to hips lifting the leg a little off the ground. Feel the stretching of the muscles. Then relax. The foot will automatically fall to the ground. Now forget the right leg and repeat the same with the left leg.
4. Contract the muscles of the lower back and pelvic region (around the hip joints). The body will rise slightly off the ground. Relax and the body will come down automatically.
5. Contract the muscles of the chest while inhaling the air and raising the chest a little off the ground. Then relax. The chest will come down automatically.
6. Close the fist of the left arm. Contract the muscles of the whole arm up to the shoulder lifting the arm a little above the ground. Then relax. The arm will come down automatically to the ground. Repeat the same with right arm.
7. Rotate the neck from side to side gently as if somebody is holding the neck and moving it. Then relax keeping the neck in a comfortable position.
8. Open the lower jaw towards the chest and experience the stretching of the muscles of the jaws and the cheeks. Then relax, bringing the jaw back to the normal position.
9. Open the eyes gently and entirely, stretching the muscles of the eyes, brows and the forehead. Then relax these muscles Letting the eyes close effortlessly.
Benefits of Deep Breathing & Pranayam:
Improvement in the quality of the blood due to its increased oxygenation in the lungs. This aids in the elimination of toxins from the system.
Increase in the digestion and assimilation of food. The digestive organs such as the stomach receive more oxygen and hence operate more efficiently. The digestion is further enhanced by the fact that the food is oxygenated more.
Improvement in the health of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, nerve centers and nerves. This is due again to the increased oxygenation and hence nourishment of the nervous system. This improves the health of the whole body since the nervous system communicates to all parts of the body.
Rejuvenation of the glands, especially the pituitary and pineal glands. The brain has a special affinity for oxygen, requiring three times more oxygen than does the rest of the body. This has far-reaching effects on our well-being.
The movements of the diaphragm during the deep breathing exercise massage the abdominal organs – the stomach, small intestine, liver, and pancreas. The upper movement of the diaphragm also massages the heart. This stimulates the blood circulation in these organs.
The lungs become healthy and dominant, a good insurance against respiratory problems.
Deep, slow, yoga breathing reduces the workload for the heart. The result is a more efficient, stronger
heart that operates better and lasts longer. It also means reduced blood pressure and less heart disease.
Exhale air by slowly pressing stomach inward. Shut mouth and inhale air from the nose by releasing stomach upward. Sit erect in a chair with spine, neck
Pranayama –The Easy Way:
1ststep: Inhale the air counting 1- 2 – 3 – 4. 2ndstep: Then Hold air in the lung counting 1- 2 – 3 – 4. 3rdstep: Exhale the air counting 1- 2 – 3 – 4.4thstep: Pause do not inhale counting 1- 2 – 3 – 4
Please repeat this at least 10 to 15 times. Do such pranayama 4 to 10 times a day and with practice go on increasing the counting to about 10. During the pause only, the lung gets
Inhale Counting (Up to) 10; Retain Counting (Up to) 20; Exhale Counting (Up to) 10; Pause Counting (Up to) 10 i.e. in the ratio of 1:2:1:1.
The Healing Sound for kidney:
The technique for keeping, the kidney healthy and working efficiently. In five element theory, the kidneys control the water element. Water is pure Yin energy. It is cold energy as compared to it’s opposite the fire element that is pure Yang – hot energy. So the kidney controls the water element in our body. If we have too much heat in our kidneys, the obviously can’t work. Efficiently to regulate the water element and cool off the body. Each of the five elements is associated with certain negative emotions. The negative emotion associated with water and kidney is fear. The kidney sound will also release excessive cold from the kidneys and neutralize the fear.
1. Place your awareness on your 2 kidneys, fist-sized organs located on either side of the spine at the bottom of the rib cage on the back Try to visualize them or feel them or just image that they are there.
2. Sit up in a chair with your legs together, ankles and knees touching
3. Take a deep breath ( you can do Abdominal Breath)
4. As you inhale, bend the trunk of your body forward and hook your hands around your knees, clasping one hand with the other.
5. With hands clasped, pull back on your arms so that you feel a pull on your back where your kidneys are located.
6. Look upward with your eyes and slightly lean the head back without straining.
7. Exhale slowly and as silently as you can and make the healing sound CH – U – W – A – A – A – Y.
8. As you make the CH – U – W – A – A – A – Y sound, pull in on your stomach area between the bottom of your sternum (breastbone) and your navel. Pull toward the spine and imagine or feel the excess heat or the cold being squeezed out from the fascia surrounding the two kidneys.
9. Visualize both kidneys bathed in a sapphire blue color and imagine any fear being expelled the kidneys as you exhale.
10. After exhale, sit up straight, close your eyes take a few easy breaths and concentrate on the exchange of energy in the kidney region, before doing another kidney healing sound.
11. Do the CH – U – W – A – A – A – Y sound at least three times.
Juice fasting for Kidney Disorders
Juice if Apple, Orange, Lemon, Cucumber, Carrot, Celery, Parsley and Beet are useful in the treatment of Kidney disorders. Three to one-week juice fasting will give good results.