Marjar means a cat. In this asana, the body is postured like a sitting cat, so it got its same.
How to do Marjarasan:
1.Sit in Vajrasan raising the thighs to stand on the knee. Bending the body forward place both the palms on the floor. Now raise the backbone and lower the head breathing out.
2. In the second stage lower the backbone. Looking up breathe in.
Practice these two activities smoothly 5 to 6 times one after the other.
3. After the above practice, now with the upwards and backbone down, look backwards over your right shoulder and the left shoulder. Repeat 5 to 6 times.
Focus on the backbone.
- Back and waist pain is relieved.
- Each vertebra of the spinal column is stimulated.
- The excess fat in the hips and stomach is reduced.
- Marjarasan makes the backbone flexible.