Ginger – A Healthy Herb
Ginger is a rhizome, native to southeastern Asia. The name comes from the Sanskrit word – singabera meaning Spice. It is being used as food, medicine, spice and also as a flavor for a very long time mostly in India and China. It has been popular for its health benefits especially for losing weight and belly fat without any side effects.
Ginger – A better way to lose weight
As we all know from Ayurveda and also from the practices that have been passed by our elders that Ginger root has been one of the healthiest compounds to include in a diet. Which has also been confirmed by the recent researches?
Recent research on Ginger shows that Gingerol, a primary component in Ginger has metabolism boosting substance which burns the body fat by heating up the body via thermogenesis. So, this clearly states that Ginger is better than using other alternates to cut down the body fat.
Ginger – Best ways to use the Ginger
Ginger can be used in a number of ways for a healthy body.
Ginger is used across the globe by millions in its most usual way, chopping it off and steeping it in the hot water and drinking it as a tea.
It has also been known for usage in many other forms. For example, drying out the ginger and using it as a powder, using ginger as a spice in foods. It can also be stored in refrigerators and would stay fresh up to 6 months. Oil can also be extracted from Ginger where it can be used for dishes depending upon the taste desired by you.
Ginger ale is also one of the famous ways the Ginger is consumed in the western countries,
Ginger and its various Health benefits
Ginger is not only known for cutting down the weight but also for its various healing properties.
According to the recent article: Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition, published by NCBI shows that Ginger can be used in cutting down a number of cancers like lymphoma, hepatoma, colorectal, breast, skin, liver, and bladder cancer. In the same article, they have also shown that Ginger can be used in curing and preventing various Cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer, Asthma, Diabetes. It is also proven to be healthy for both mother and child during pregnancy and some other minor issues like Digestive problems, Nausea, and cold.
There is a lot of research that is being done on the health benefits of Ginger and is being used its highest potential for now and is also considered as A Safe Component for Food by FDA.
Precautions with the use of Ginger
Ginger is good for almost everyone, but it is known that there are few body types which do not support ginger components all the time. Mixing or taking ginger while on Chemotherapy or other drug interactions have been proven to worsen health and are to be used only after the prescription from the doctors. It’s always better to consult or take advice in case if there is an issue or problem that one faces with the usage of ginger.
If you want to look good and feel healthy then you must take ginger which is among the healthiest spices. The nutrients and bioactive chemicals that are present in ginger can produce amazing benefits and make you stay healthy and fit. If you are suffering from any kind of digestive problems that causes nausea, pain or motion sickness you can take ginger because it has a long history for relieving all kinds of digestive illness.. If you want to know more about the amazing benefits that ginger can produce than you need to read on.
All your digestive problems can be eliminated if you take ginger
- Ginger has the amazing property to stimulate bile and saliva production in your body.
- If you take ginger in sufficient quantity than you can get relief from indigestion.
Taking ginger in sufficient quantity can relieve all problems of nausea.
- The best way to relieve morning sickness and nausea is to consume ginger tea on a regular basis.
Ginger helps to relieve all kinds of pain
- If you want to get rid of all kinds of muscular as well as menstrual pain you must consume ginger on a daily basis. Ginger works wonders in reducing all kinds of body pain.
All types of inflammation can be reduced by taking ginger
- The best way to reduce all types of osteoarthritis which cause excruciating joint pain and stiffness is to consume lots of ginger. Research studies have revealed that people who had osteoarthritis and took ginger suffered from less inflammation and pain.
If you take ginger in sufficient quantity then you have fewer chances of heart attack
- Ginger has the amazing quality to reduce high blood sugar within two weeks.
- Ginger also has the ability to keep your blood pressure under control.
Thus if you consume ginger on a regular basis than your chances of a heart attack is much less.
Ginger helps to reduce Cholesterol levels
- The proper intake of ginger not only helps to control heart diseases but also helps to reduce cholesterol levels. If your cholesterol level is high then you can start taking ginger and see how it helps to reduce it within a very short span of time.
Ginger helps to fight cancer
- Ginger contains a substance called 6-gingerol which is widely used to treat different types of cancer.
- Studies have revealed that if you take two grams of ginger per day than your chances of colon cancer gets significantly reduced.
Ginger helps to improve your brain functions
- Studies have revealed that the bioactive and antioxidant properties of ginger help to improve your brain functions significantly.
- Ginger helps to improve your memory.
Now that you see have an idea about the amazing benefits of ginger you should take sufficient quantity of ginger on a regular basis which will help you to remain fit and stay healthy. You can also tell your friends and family about the healing qualities of ginger.
We all by now understand how one could benefit from the usage of Ginger. Using it on an everyday basis for people with diabetes or the one’s who would like to cut down weight. And also for its long-term health benefits preventing cardiovascular diseases or diabetes in the future.
One thing that we are aware and know for a fact that Ginger makes us feel fresh no matter how moody we are.