Indigestion is a common problem these days. Mudras are the best remedy for it. In this post “Mudra for indigestion,” I shared a list of best mudras the improve digestion.
It also called dyspepsia or upset of the stomach is a general term that describes discomfort in the upper abdomen. It is not a disease, but some of the symptoms that occur are, among them, abdominal pain and swelling soon after you start eating. Although indigestion is common, each person may have slightly different indigestion. The symptoms of indigestion may be felt occasionally or as often as every day.
It can be a symptom of another digestive disease. Indigestion that is not caused by an underlying condition can be alleviated with changes in lifestyle and medications.
Symptoms of Indigestion
People with indigestion may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Early fullness during a meal. He has not eaten much of his food, but he is already satisfied and may not be able to cope with the food.
- Unpleasant abundance after eating. Fullness takes longer than expected.
- Upset in the upper abdomen. You have mild to severe pain in the area between the lower part of your sternum and your belly button.
- Burning in the upper part of the abdomen. You feel an uncomfortable feeling of heat or burning between the lower part of your sternum and your navel.
- Flatulence in the upper abdomen. You feel an uncomfortable jerking sensation due to the accumulation of gas.
- Sickness. They feel they want to vomit.
- The less common symptoms are vomiting and belching.
Sometimes, people with indigestion also have heartburn, but heartburn and indigestion are two separate states. Heartburn is a sensation of pain or burning in the centre of the chest that can radiate to the neck or back during or after meals.
Mudras are the simple and easiest natural treatment to overcome indigestion.
Mudras for indigestion
Surya mudra, Varun mudra, Pitta-karaak mudra and Linga mudra are the best mudras to come over indigestion.
It helps to increase the fire element within the body. The fire element is the central component of Pitta humor which will help to improve digestive juices.
Surya can be done by placing the tip of the ring finger on the bottom of the thumb finger and applying a little pressure. To know more about Surya mudra click here
Varun mudra for Indigestion
Varun mudra increases water element within the body. This helps to come over dryness of mouth and intestine. This mudra helps to come over indigestion and constipation.
Varun mudra can be formed by joining the tip of the thumb finger with the little finger. To know more about Varun mudra click here.
Pitta-kaarak mudra for digestion
Pitta-kaarak mudra increases Pitta humor which helps to improve digestives juices and digestive power.
This mudra can be formed by placing the tips of the little finger and finger on the bottom of the thumb finger and applying a little pressure. To know more about Pitta kaarak mudra click here
Linga Mudra for indigestion
It helps to increase fire element within the body, which leads the improvement in the production of the digestive juices which helps to come over indigestion. Linga Mudra
Duration of all the mudras is 30 to 45 minutes. If you have an excess of Pitta humor or fever and in summer, these mudras should be done in moderate only.