‘Mayur’ is a Sanskrit word and it means The Peacock
peacock. Thus, Mayurasana is a posture which
assumes the shape of a peacock during the asana.
In this posture, one has to hold his whole body
on like a stick on both his elbows. It is also
known as peacock feather pose and bent arm
Benefits of Mayurasana
- This asana useful for congestion of vagina and also makes semen thick.
- It is also helpful for those women who have menstrual disorders.
- Mayurasana counters food poisoning.
- If one having problems with lower abdomen, it provides relief then.
- Mayurasana is a good exercise for the liver as well as pancreas.
- It is very helpful for diabetic patients also.
- It is the best asana for strengthening arms, shoulders, abdomen and back.
- Mayurasana is helpful to improve balance.
- It develops the chest.
- This exercise has a good effect on the expelling action of the colon.
- It is beneficial for obesity, constipation, and piles.
- Mayurasana is very regenerative and also quite stimulating.
- This asana is very effective for digestive organs.
- In this posture, blood is concentrated and sent to the digestive organs and which is toned up by the intra-abdominal pressure.
- The asana stimulates and enhances the pranic flow to the pericardium meridians.
- This asana is an excellent measure against visceroptosis and dyspepsia.
- After few months practice of this posture, it provides total orgasm at the time of intercourse.
- Mayurasana is very much beneficial to cure many illnesses.
- It is helpful to calm the brain and helps to relieve stress and mild depression
Mayurasana is one of the best yoga asanas for the beginners to improve balance and strength. Always take the assistance of a yoga expert before doing yoga asanas.