Ayurveda is an ancient way of treatment that is practicing in India.In Ayurveda, our body is divided into three priorities(constitution) Vata, Pita, and Kapha. According to Ayurveda, any imbalance in these structure leads to diseases. It is crucial to find our body type to prevent and cure diseases.
Vata Prakriti(Vata constitution):
Vata Prakriti is a combination of air and space. This Prakriti helps us to move forward.Vata Prakriti people have few unique personality traits. That will help us to find our bodily type.
1.Normally the person who has Vata Prakriti is physically underdeveloped, and his chest is flat, his veins, muscle fibers, and tendons are visible.
2.Vata Prakriti person’s complexion is brown, his skin is cold.rough.dry and cracked.
3. Vata Prakriti person; ‘s has only a few moles on his body, and it tends to be dark.
4.Vaata persons are normally either too short or too tall, with thin frames that reveal prominent joints and bone-ends because of poor muscle development.
5. Vata Prakriti person’s hair is curly and scanty, The eyes may be sunken, small, the eyelashes are thin and the eyes lusterless, dry, active and the conjunctiva is dry a muddy.
6. Vata Prakriti person’s nails were rough and brittle.
7.Vata Prakriti person’s nose is bent and turned up.
8.Normally person’s who has Vata Prakriti has variable appetite and digestion.
9.These people crave sewer, sour and salty tastes and like hot drinks.
10.Vata Prakriti person;s has less and disturbed sleep than other priorities.
11.Vata person’s hands and feet are cold.
12. These individuals are creative, alert and restless.
13.Vata persons can do things fast, but they are easily fatigued.
14. Psychological traits of Vata person are they have a quick understanding but forgets quickly. Willpower is subtle and reasoning is fragile they are fearful, nervous, worried and anxious.
All constitutional type exhibits certain patterns in interactions with the external environment. Vata people are quick to earn money and spend it quickly.
Thus, they tend to stay sick.
Pitta Prakriti (constitution):
1. Pitta Prakriti person’s height is medium, slender, and his body frame may be delicate.
2.Pita person’s chest is not flat, and he shows a medium prominence of veins and muscle tendons.
3.Pita person has more moles on their body, and they are freckles that are bluish or brownish red.
4.Pita person’s bones are not prominent like Vata and muscles are moderate.
5. The complexion of pita person is coppery, yellowish, reddish or fair.
6. The skin of pita person is warm and less wrinkled than Vata skin.
7. Pita person has a tendency to hair loss and premature graying. His hair is thin, red or brownish.
8. The eyes of pita Prakriti person are gray, green or copper-brown and sharp; the eyeballs are of medium prominence.
9. The conjunctiva is moist and copper-colored. The nails are soft.
10 .The pita person nose is sharp, and tip tends to be reddish.
11.Physiologically, these people have a strong metabolism, good digestion and therefore, healthy appetites. The person of pitta constitution usually takes large quantities of food and liquid. Pitta types have a natural craving for sweet, bitter and astringent tastes and enjoy cold drinks. Their sleep is of medium duration but uninterrupted. They produce a high volume of urine, and the stools are yellowish, liquid, soft and plentiful. There is a tendency toward excessive perspiring. The body temperature may run slightly high, and hands and feet tend to be warm. Pitta people do not tolerate sunlight, heat or hard work.
Psychologically, Pitta people have a god power on comprehension; they are brilliant and sharp and tend to be good orators. They have emotional tendencies toward hate, anger and jealousy.
They are ambitious people who like to be leaders. Pitta people appreciate material prosperity, and they tend to be moderately well-off financially. They enjoy exhibiting their wealth and luxurious possessions.
People having a pitta constitution are prone to diseases listed under the Prithvi-vardhak, Pitta_shaamak, and Shank mudras.
1. Kapha Prakriti person has a well-developed body.
2. Normally all overweight people are belong to this Prakriti.
3.Kapha Prakriti person’s chest was expanded and broad.
4.Normally the veins and tendons pf Kapha Prakriti are not obvious because of their thick skin and developed muscles.
5.The complexion of Kapha person is fair and bright.
6.The skin of Kapha Prakriti person is soft, lustrous and oily; it is cold and pale.
7. The eyes are dense and black or blue; the white of the eye is very white, large and attractive.
8.The conjunctiva does not tend to redness.
9. The physiological traits of Kapha person are, He has regular appetites, digestion is low, his movements are slow.
10. Kapha Prakriti person has craved pungent, bitter and astringent foods. Stools are soft and may be pale in color; Evacuation is slow. Their perspiration is moderate. Sleep is sound and prolonged. There is a strong, vital capacity evidenced by good stamina, and Kapha people are healthy, happy and peaceful.
Psychologically, they tend to be tolerant, calm, forging and loving; however, they also exhibit traits of greed, attachment, envy and possessiveness. Their comprehension is slow but definite; once they understand something, that knowledge is retained.
Kapha people tend to be wealthy. They earn money and are God at holding on to it.
People having a Kapha constitution are prone to develop disease listed under the Prithvi-shaamak, Kapha-shaamak, and Linga Mudras.
The general features of the three individual structures have been described above. However, it is often seen that people have mix(compound) constitutions
1. Vatta+Pitta constitution, where both Vata and Pitta are in Excess.
2. Vata + Kapha constitution, where both Vata and Kapha are in Excess.
3.Pitta + Kapha constitution, where both Pitta and Kapha are in Excess.
4. Vata + Kapha+Pitta constitution, where all the three senses of humor are at fault(hence called Tridosha). To judge your personality see the features below: