Coffee is the most popular drink in the world. People drink coffee to fight tiredness, sleep or fatigue. We are often given coffee as a welcome drink to boost our energy, but it is a silent killer.
We drink it, but have we ever considered what happens in the long run?
We all know that coffee is harmful, but do you know what it really does to your body?
Coffee contains high concentrations of caffeine. Caffeine is a central nervous stimulating psychoactive drug. The harmful effects of coffee are way more compared to 2 or 3 short span benefits.
Adverse Effects of Coffee
- Constipation: Caffeine acts as diuretic, disturbs body fluids out of the gut where they are required to soften the stools. It leads to hardening and difficulty in expelling the stools.
- Diarrhea: Coffee stimulates muscle contractions in bowels resulting in diarrhea.
- Gallstones: Coffee stimulates gallbladder contractions and bringing gall bladder attacks. People are later prone to gallstones.
- Osteoporosis: Caffeine, the main element in coffee, is responsible for osteoporosis. The calcium is excreted, thereupon causing long term damage to the bones.
- Heart Disease: Stanford University study proves that men between 30-55 drinking 3 or more cups of coffee are prone to risks of heart disease.
- Dyspepsia: Drinking 2 cups of coffee has shown to cause digestive problems by the University of Michigan.
- Premenstrual Syndrome: Caffeine induces menstrual syndrome. The more the caffeine is taken, the more they are prone to premenstrual syndrome.
Caffeine is also responsible for major problems in women. The chances of miscarriage and low birth weight are higher wherein women drink coffee during pregnancy. Decreased bone density after reaching menopause.
People with health issues are to cut coffee as it increases the health damage.
Caffeine promotes gastric acid secretion. People with peptic ulcer, heartburn, and gastrointestinal issues should stop taking coffee.
Amplifies hypertension, heart disease and anemia with the increased absorption of iron.
Alternates to Coffee
Lemon water: Lemon water is way better than coffee. Having lemon water in the morning keeps you active and fresh.
Hot Apple Cider: It keeps the body warmth and satisfying along with its other health benefits.
Sparkling water: Sparkling water is both exciting and hydrating. Available in many flavors it would be one of the best substitutes for coffee.
The harmful killer effects of coffee outrun the 1 or 2 things that we think are beneficial. We can fight fatigue, tiredness, and sleepiness through proper exercise and diet. Coffee is not the only answer.
It might help us for the night. In the long run with the diseases that it brings along, it would be more than difficult to get through it.
Why not leave it? Give a try to yoga, meditation and other alternates that are available. Have alternate drinks like lemon water, apple cider, and sparkling water. They have more health benefits and keep you more active and hydrating than coffee
I am sure that you will be more active, healthier and happier.