How does Shakti mudra work to heal insomnia?
Shakti mudra is a hand posture that provides various mental and physical benefits. The word “Shakti” represents the Goddess Durga in Hindu Religion, and Mudra is a Sanskrit name for hand posture. Practicing Shakti mudra helps to calms down the mind and highly useful for insomnia.
How to do Shakti Mudra
1) Place your ring fingers and little fingers of both the hands together.
2) Place your thumb in the palm and
3) Now bend other fingers loosely over your thumb.
5) Focus on your breathing in the pelvic area and slow down exhalation.
Practice Shakti mudra before going to sleep or three times a day for fifteen minutes.
Benefits of Shakti mudra
The major advantage of Shakti mudra is to heal insomnia and gives sound sleep.
1) The Shakti Mudra helps intensify the respiratory impulse in the lower chest area. It has a calming effect on the body, and it will help you to fall asleep at night.
2) It contributes to relaxing the whole body and relieve mental stress.
Precaution to be taken while doing Shakti mudra?
If the Shakti mudra is practiced for too long or if it is done too often, it may lead to lethargy (loss of energy or enthusiasm).