It is also known as ” The shooting bow pose.” It derives its name from
the formation that you finds your body in…
when doing the pose. The yoga pose is
called so because the shape of the body takes
resembles that of a bow and arrow.
The benefit to Body Part:
1.The anatomical focus of the Akarna Dhanurasana
includes the groins, thighs, chest, belly, spine,
shoulders and neck. 2.Some of the benefits of
performing this yoga pose include:
working and strengthening the legs
core muscles build-up
the improvement of grace and concentration.
1. It contributes to betters the process of digestion,
clears constipation and treats indigestion.
2.It also beneficial in healing the pain in the lower areas
of the abdomen and also relieves pain in the
3. The pose also helps in regularizing the
menstrual cycle in most women.
4. Breathing is greatly enhanced with this pose as
it increases the capacity of the lungs to retain
One of the best beginners tips that can be
offered when it comes to the shooting bow
the pose is that if you are having a hard time
lifting the thighs away from the floor, you can
give yourself a little upward boost by lying
down with the thighs being supported by a
rolled up blanket.
Breathing activities during the asana of Akarna Ddhanurasana:
To improve the blood supply to the hips and knees, Akarna Dhhanurasana is the best option. If you try this asana, you should inhale, lift your foot up to your ear and pull it as far as you can, instead of bending your neck. Inhale normally by bringing your foot to your head. Exhale and return to the starting position by lowering the thigh.
Beginners have difficulty practising this Asana Akarna Ddhanurasana when they are stressed. It would be much easier to practice for 10 to 15 seconds for Akarna Ddhanurasana Asana. Akarna Ddhanurasana is enough to feel the flexibility and strength of the internal organs. It is also possible to prepare the asana sequence with Akarna Ddhanurasana to promote more general flexibility of the hips, abs and leg muscles.
Advantage of Akarna Dhanurasana
- Akarna Ddhanurasana strengthens the legs and abdominal muscles in an excellent way. It also improves the concentration of blood circulation in the body.
- Akarna Ddhanurasana Asana Anatomical focuses on the flexibility of the thighs, groin, chest, shoulders, spine, abs and neck.
- Akarna Ddhanurasana treats indigestion, improves the digestive process and eliminates constipation.
- Akarna Ddhanurasana Asana cures pain in the colon and lower abdomen.
- Regulates the menstrual cycle in women.
- Breathing capacity improves significantly as your lungs expand by increasing oxygen storage capacity.
Firstly, if you are a beginner do not try the pose when you are alone.
This pose belongs to the intermediate level of yoga poses and therefore if you are a novice,
you should not try this pose at the very outset. You should not perform this asana in case you
are pregnant. People with spinal injuries should also avoid this pose.
People suffering from spinal injuries should not perform this asana Akarna Ddhanurasana. It is not necessary to achieve this ideal position with unbearable pain, so you must start over.