Samadosha is an excellent while others are considered as defective constitutions and susceptible for various diseases.
All the diseases caused to us is a defective of any of these constitutions in our body Eachprakriti has specific physical and mental characteristics which totally depend on the involvement of dosha
1. Vatha constitution
Vata represent air and space of the basic five elements(air,earth,water,fire and sky).
- Vata is dry, light, cold, mobile, active, clear, astringent, and it is dispersing.
- Vata season is autumn
- Time of day is afternoon and early morning
VATA -Types & Their Functions
- Prana Vata : Governs the senses, creative thinking, reasoning, enthusiasm,
- Udana Vata : Governs quality of voice, memory, movements of thought
- Samana Vata : Governs movement of food through digestive tract
- Apana Vata : Elimination of wastes, sexual function, menstrual cycle
- Vyana Vata : Governs blood flow, heart rhythm, perspiration, sense of touch
People of vata constitution are, in genral, physically underdeveloped. Their chests are flat and their veins, muscles-fibres and tendons are visible.The complexion is brown, the skin is cold, rough, dry and cracked. There usually are few moles present, which tend to be dark.
Vata people generally are either too tall or too short, with thin frames which reveal prominent joints and bone-ends because of poor muscle development. The hair is curly and scanty, the eyelashes are thin and the eyes lustless. the eyes may be sunken, small, dry, active and the conjunctiva is dry an muddy. The nails are rough and brittle. The shape of the nose is bent and turned up.
Physiologically, the appetite and digestion are varioable. Vaata people crave sweer, sour and salty tastes and like hot drinks. The production of urine in quantity. they have a tendency to perspire less than other constitutional types. Their sleep may be disturbed and they will sleep less than the other types . their hands and feet are often cold.
These people are creative, active,alert and restless. They talk fast and walk fast but they are easily fatigued.
Psychologically, they are charaacterized by short memory but quick mental understanding. They will understand somehting immediately, but will soon forget it. They have little will-power, tend toward mental boldness. their reasoning power is weak and these people are nervous,fearful and afflicted by much anxiety.
Each constitutional type also exhibits certain patterns in interactions with the external environment. Vata people tend to earn money quickly and also spend it quickly.
Thus, they tend to remain poor.
Imbalances Of VATA
- difficulty breathing
- excess movement
- weak nervous system
- fear, anxiety
- Abhyanga (ayurvedic massage)
- Stay warm in cold and windy weather
- Consume warm and cooked foods (less raw foods)
- Go to bed early and have lot of rest and sleep.
- Favor oily and heavy food with sweet, sour, and salty tastes.
DON’Ts For Vata Dosha
- Avoid light, dry, cold, pungent, bitter and astringent foods
- Avoid raw foods, juices, fasting
- Avoid stimulants ,smoking ,alcohol
- Refrain from excessive aerobic activity