Bearing a child and giving birth to a healthy one is one of the proud moments in the life of a person. Infertility means the women or men are unable to bear a child after intercourse for over a year. It is a very distressing moment for both partners and their relatives. Sometimes, the partners will be ready to do anything to overcome infertility.
Both male and female can be responsible for infertility. Women sterility or female infertility is the thing where women are incapable of bearing a child. Females issues contribute for over ⅔ of infertility. There are many things which cause infertility in women.
Causes of women sterility
Problems with ovulation
- Hormonal problems: Failure to produce eggs, malfunctions of pituitary glands and hypothalamus.
- Scarred ovaries.
- Premature menopause.
- Follicle problems.
Improper functioning of Fallopian tubes
- Abdominal diseases.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Congenital defects.
- Infections caused by bacteria, viruses transmitted sexually.
- Surgeries that have damaged or have caused diseases in reproductive and genital organs.
Other factors leading to women sterility
- Abnormal reproductive and sexual organs in the body.
- Behavioral factors: smoking, drinking, substance abuse and unhealthy diet and lifestyles.
- Environmental factors like pollution, stress from work and other personal and professional factors.
- Exposure to toxic or chemicals: Lead, ethylene oxide, dibromo chloropropane(DBCP) and radiations.
Psychological factors are also responsible for women sterility
The primary symptom of women sterility is unable to bear or show signs of pregnancy even after intercourse of one year. Symptoms also depend on upon the reason for infertility.
Symptoms of women sterility
Ovulation symptoms of women sterility
- Irregular period or no periods at times.
- Abnormal bleeding.
- Back pain, pelvic pain, and cramping during periods.
Hormonal symptoms of women sterility
- Skin diseases.
- Change in sex desire and sex drive.
- Dark hair on the lips, chin and chest.
- Hair loss and thinning of hair.
Other symptoms of women sterility
- Discharge of milky white fluid from nipples (Not related to breastfeeding).
- Pain during sex.
- Unusual discharge.
- Itching and soreness in the vaginal area.
These symptoms and causes are painful for women and disturb the psychological levels. Home remedies are the best in this case. Home remedies alongside treating the disorder enhance physical well being and mental stability.
Home remedies for women sterility
Cinnamon can help with proper ovarian functioning and thus be effective in fighting infertility. It is also effective in treating Polycystic ovary syndrome, a primary cause of infertility.
- Take one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of hot water.
- Drink it once every day for few months.
- Including cinnamon in the diet by sprinkling cinnamon powder on yogurt, oatmeal, and cereal.
Fertility and Sterility journal in 2007 showed that cinnamon also improves menstrual cyclicity. It also treats uterine fibroids, amenorrhea, endometriosis and prevents yeast infections.
Make sure that you do not take more than two teaspoons in a day.
Dong Quai is the most effective herb in fighting women sterility. It strengthens and modulates the uterus by regulating hormones. These hormones improve toning of the uterus and regulate menstrual cycles.
- Take a couple of teaspoons of Dong Quai and add it to boiling water.
- Brew for 10 minutes and drink the liquid.
Dong Quai should not be consumed during active menstruation as it contains blood thinning properties.
Dandelion is rich in vitamins and minerals. The nutrients in dandelion are effective in cleansing toxins that disrupt hormonal chemicals. It metabolizes hormones and enhances liver health. It also reduces infertility symptoms like PMS and cramping.
- Add dandelion extracts to tea and other drinks for everyday use.
- Using dandelion greens as a side dish for meals once or twice in a week is also very effective.
Dandelion fights sluggishness, constipation, fatigue and other pregnancy issues. Also, it is a rich source of calcium, iron, potassium and Vitamin A, B, C and D which are essential for the health of mom and babies.
Ashwagandha is one of the ancient natural remedies for women sterility and many other health issues. It contains components that help in balancing hormones in the body. Healthy hormonal production and balance regulate proper functioning of reproductive organs. Besides. It tones uterus for women with recurrent miscarriages.
- Take one tablespoon of organic ashwagandha powder.
- Add it to a glass of warm water and drink it twice in a day.
- Ashwagandha also reduces mental and physical stress levels.
Vitex or Chasteberry
Chasteberry is famously known for treating infertility in women by maintaining hormonal balance. It lowers prolactin and raises progesterone, improves menstrual cycles and promotes ovulation. Also, it enhances and nourishes pituitary gland and lengthens luteal phase.
- Take one teaspoon of fresh or dried chaste berries and add it to a cup of boiling water and cover the bowl.
- Steep for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink this once every day for few weeks.
Pomegranate helps in boosting women fertility. It increases the flow of blood to the uterus. Thereupon, it thickens the uterine lining reducing. It also reduces the chance of miscarriage.
- Take equal amounts of finely powdered pomegranate seeds. Store the mixture in an airtight jar.
- Add ½ teaspoon of the mixture to a glass of warm water.
- Drink this liquid twice every day for few weeks.
Eating fresh pomegranate fruit and drinking pomegranate juice is also effective.
Maca root is one of the best herbs to treat both male and female infertility. It contains herbs that boost hormonal production. It mainly treats hypothyroidism, by enhancing thyroid function. It also ample nutrients that boost fertility.
- Take ¼ – ½ teaspoon of maca root powder.
- Add the powder to a cup of lukewarm water or milk.
- Drink the liquid once every day for few months.
Adding maca root powder to smoothies or breakfast cereal is also effective.
Flax Seed oil
Flax seeds are rich in omega three fatty acids. It also helps in regulating standard cervical mucus with rich in quality, quantity, and texture. Thereupon, it plays an important role in the longevity of sperm and ensures safe swim into the cervix.
- Consume one teaspoon of Flaxseed oil after ovulation to maintain ample levels of cervical mucous.
Blackberry leaves are one of the most nutritious leaves. It has ample amounts of standard components that boost fertility.
- Take one unit of blackberry leaves and five units of water.
- Boil the leaves with water for 30 minutes and cool it down.
- People with sterility can drink a glassful of water twice in a day.
It should not be practiced on a regular basis. Practicing this for two weeks will be helpful.
Grape seeds are rich in Vitamin C which boosts immunity. It helps in the safe journey of the sperm into the womb protecting it from infections and allergies in the body. It also plays a vital role in treating bacterial and fungal infections in the body.
- Consume grape seed extracts for 2-3 times a day.
The natural remedies sound good and beneficial. But without maintaining a healthy lifestyle, all this would go to waste. A hygienic and healthy lifestyle is a must for these remedies to function.
Dietary measures to fight women sterility
- Eat fresh organic fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains in natural form.
- Foods are rich in high fiber and good carb.
- Plant proteins.
- Whole milk and yogurt.
- Multivitamins with at least 40-80 milligrams of iron and 400 micrograms of folic acid.
Foods to avoid
- Processed food.
- Preservative and trans fat foods.
- Refined sugar and juices.
- High fat and trans fat foods.
- Fried and junk foods.
- Inorganic foods.
Dietary places a significant role in fighting and preventing women sterility. It does by providing many beneficial factors. Few of the dietary benefits are mentioned below.
Dietary benefits in fighting women sterility
- Supplies standard amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These play a significant role in protecting egg and sperm health.
- Maintains hormonal balance by giving fats the body require for proper hormonal function.
- Decreases chances of miscarriage which results from insulin resistance. It protects damage of ova, sperm, and DNA from free radicals.
- Supports healthy life for sex and reproductive system.
- Helps in building nutrients and minerals for reproduction and pregnancy.
- A healthy diet also keeps the mind stable, keeping free of stress, tension and other mental issues responsible for women sterility.
Lifestyle to fight women sterility
- Drink water. Especially warm water, which keeps intestine clean thereupon enhancing the reproductive system.
- Do not stress yourself. Stress is also one of the reasons for sterility both in males and females.
- Keep your environments clean and hygienic.
- Keep your undergarments and private areas clean and free of moist.
- Avoid environmental conditions which are harmful (working or living in areas with industrial wastes).
- Exercise regularly. Walking and jogging help in removing toxins from the body.
- Meditation, yoga, and pranayama are the most beautiful things that help in fighting sterility. These exercises promote overall health and enhance all the organs in the body. They also improve sex drive.
Women sterility, not effects both physical and psychological levels in both partners. Sometimes, this also gives rise to severe chronic diseases.
Not to worry, with the given home remedies and lifestyle techniques one could easily overcome sterility. Besides, there are many ayurvedic treatments which help in treating infertility without any side effects.
It is okay to go through a tough phase of infertility. Follow proper remedies along with healthy dietary and lifestyles; you will soon be able to give birth to a healthy child.
Please ensure to consult a doctor or specialists before taking these remedies. If there are any other issues or disorders in the body, it might have serious side effects.