Yoga is a universal health booster we have heard and seen around. It comprises Yogic Kriyas, Asanas, and Pranayama. Yoga connects our inner soul to the universal soul. Regular practice of yoga promotes circulation and also energizing and stimulating endocrine glands. We all know that yoga is helpful to maintain our body and enhancing our health. Thus, optimizing our physical and psychological health.
Yoga therapy also known as yoga-chikitsa is a treatment with yogic exercise, practices, and diet. Yoga therapy heals and rejuvenates human body and mind as a whole.
Yoga therapy treats many physical and mental diseases. The main practices in yoga therapy are Kriyas, Asanas, Pranayama, and Massage. Alongside, few dietary and lifestyle measures are a compulsion.
Kriyas are a series of techniques which cleanse inner body and mind. Kriyas remove the toxins and the blockages in physical and mental levels. These ultimately open the routes of heart, nerves, body, energy and mind.
Kriyas In Yoga Therapy
- Basti: Digestion disorders, augments skin complexion.
- Jalaneti: Cold, cough, headaches, migraines, nasal issues and sinusitis.
- Kapalabhati: Asthma, bronchitis, enhances inhalation, blood purification, pleurisy, tuberculosis, strengthens nerves and brain.
- Nauli: Controls diabetes, improves immune system and eliminates lethargy
- Vamana Dhouti or Kunjal: cleansing stomach for excessive bile, constipation, and gastric troubles. Relieves headaches, nervous weakness, chronic cold, and asthma. Constipation, chronic bronchitis, gastric problems, headaches, nervous weakness, and stomach illness.
Kriya cleanses a lot of regular impurities that are accumulated in the body. These cleanse our body, there upon enhancing the digestive system, physical and mental energy levels.
Asanas are yoga poses that stretch and strengthen the physical body. These poses also enhance and open the chakras in the body.
Major Asanas In Yoga Therapy
- Ardhamatsyendrasana: Treats obesity, dyspepsia, asthma, diabetes and also helps in the abdominal organs.
- Bhujangasana: Removes weakness of abdomen and reproductive system in women. Treats asthma, cervical spondylitis, bronchitis and eosinophilia.
- Chakrsana: increases lung capacity, strengthens arms, knees, and shoulders.
- Shavasana: Soothes nervous system and controls blood pressure.
- Shirasana: Augments circulatory, digestive, excretory, endocrine, nervous and respiratory systems.
- Sarvangasana: Treats bronchitis, dyspepsia and digestion issues.
- Padmasana: Treats digestive and heart disorders.
- Halasana: Treats Arthritis, asthma, myalgia, rheumatism, lumbago, tensions in back, spinal & neck.
- Makarasana: Relives from hypertension, mental disorders, and heart diseases.
- Pavanamuktasana: Strengthens abdominal muscles, stomach, spleen, and pancreases.
Practicing Asanas relax the body and connects to a deeper state of mind. The augmented physical and mental benefits reflect in our daily life.
Pranayama is all about inhalation and exhalation in concentrated and regulated manner, thereupon enhancing the flow of energy in our body. A person becomes conscious and is active in the present movement with the regular practice of pranayama. By improving the flow of energy, Pranayama removes blockages, purify and prevents disorders.
Major Pranayama’s In Yoga Therapy
- Anuloma-viloma: Cures asthma, cold, cough, chronic headache, and insomnia. Strengthens lungs and calms the nerves.
- Bhramari: Good for ears, eyes, nose, mouth and enhances the complexion.
- Bhastrika: Good for abdominal viscera and lungs.
- Sheetali: Cools body and mind. Enhances digestion, circulation and body temperature.
- Ujjayi: Clears nasal passage. Improves functioning of thyroid gland and respiratory organs.
Pranayama is practiced in lotus pose or any other comfortable pose with back and head kept straight. It should be practiced on a regular basis. Pranayama takes less time and also enhances the breathing and brings oneself into the present. Pranayama is also known to release stress and tensions in an instance.
Now you all have understood the aspects and benefits of yoga therapy. Yoga therapy calms down the mind relax the body and enhance our spirits. These things would lead you to do great work in your daily life. Practice and spread, let the world understand and enjoy the yoga therapy.