Taking actions on a particular disorder or disease by learning and understanding the fundamental aspects help in both preventing and better treatment of the diseases.
The nervous system is the most vital part of the human body involving primary functions. The nervous system has two main components, namely the central nervous and the peripheral nervous system. The central nervous system comprises the primary body organs like brain, spinal cord, and nerves. The peripheral nervous system comprises neurons and nerves that connect central nervous system and different organs in the body.
A healthy functioning nervous system keeps both the physical and mental levels of a person at the optimum levels. There are three main types of nervous system in the body and weakness in accordance with them.
Autonomic nervous system
It controls the involuntary organs and few voluntary activities of the body. They include regulation of temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, and digestion.
Motor nervous system
Motor nerves are responsible for transporting the information from spinal cord and brain to the muscles.
Sensory nervous system
Sensory nerves transmit the information from muscles and skin to the spinal cord and brain.
As of now, we all know the primary importance of the nervous system in the human beings. Any weakness or damage to the nervous system leads to nervous system disorders. It can be anything from a single weakness in the body to a complicated paralysis.
The damage that results from nervous disorders is a danger for both physical and the mental body. These can ruin a person’s life to a great extent.
Knowing the causes, understanding the symptoms and taking preventive measures is any day better. Even in the case of chronic nervous disorders, Ayurveda has many treatments and herbs that help in restoring a person’s health.
Causes of nervous weakness
- Extreme pressure or strain on nerves and muscles
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Side effects from medications and treatments
- Substance and other toxic abuse
- Deficiency in proteins and nutrients
- Mental stress
- Physical strain
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Chronic headaches
- Autoimmune diseases
- Cancer and AIDS
Symptoms of nervous weakness
- Uneven sweating
- Dryness in mouth and eyes
- Sexual dysfunction
- Dysfunction of different body organs
- Paralysis or twitching
- Tingling, prickling or burning sensation
- Muscle atrophy
- Weakness in metabolic and immunity system
Besides, many mental and psychological diseases like anxiety, depression, concentration, memory loss are also the results of nervous weakness.
Ayurveda has the most effective herbs that help in the effective treatment of nervous disorders. Fortunately, there are many natural and organic Ayurvedic medicines available in the market. Below are few of the best to treat nervous disorders and enhance their functions.
1. Kapikachhu for nervous weakness
Morpheme Remedies are all about using the secret ingredients of Ayurveda. It uses the both ingredients and techniques of Ayurveda and provides fine products to relieve from diseases and enhance the health of humans. They take into consideration many scientific proofs before producing the Ayurvedic products.
Morpheme Remedies has given the world the finest product of the Kapikachhu herb. Kapikachu also known as Mucuna prurient is a tropical legume. It is one of the common herb used in Ayurveda for many nervous disorders. It plays a significant role in relieving from many mental and psychological disorders. Below are few of the health benefits of Kapikachu.
Benefits of Kapikachu
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Relieves from anxiety
- Removes craving of addictive drugs and substances
- Enhances brain power
- Calms the nervous system
- Uplifts the mood
It Contains L-dopa, a necessary precursor to the neurotransmitter known as dopamine, thereupon increasing the levels of dopamine. It helps in controlling and relieving from seizures, depression, mental focus and effectively treating Parkinson’s disease.
In Ayurveda, Kapikachhu is one of the few herbs that primarily balances the Vata dosha, alongside balancing Pitta and Kapha dosha.
Each veg capsule contains around 500 mg of Kapikachhu extract. Each bottle contains 60 veg caps
2. Ashvagandha for nervous disorder
Himalaya Ashwagandha contains natural extracts of Ashwagandha with all the beneficial factors intact. Ashwagandha is one of the few herbs that is used in treatment of number of diseases and promoting overall health. Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic agent which stabilizes physiological factors and promotes homeostasis. Ashwagandha is one of the best herb to relieve from nervous disorders and promote health. Below are the few benefits of Ashwagandha.
Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Calms mind and nerves
- Promotes sleep
- Resists stress and strain
- Balances the imbalances in the body resulting from environmental and lifestyle issues.
- Relieves from hypertension, diabetes, debility, and arthritis
- Stimulant for immune system
- Prevents and treats sexual debility, weakness in muscles, and allergies
According to recent studies, Ashwagandha is one of the important herbs in Ayurveda which kills cancer. It has anti-carcinogenic effects on cell cultures which decrease the effect of nuclear factor-kappa. Thereupon suppressing necrosis factor of the intercellular tumor and potentiates apoptotic signals among cancerous cells.
Take 1-2 capsule of Ashvagandha in a day.
3. Gotu Kola
Gotu Kola is the spiritual herb of ancient India and Ayurveda. Growing in the Himalayan regions, it is primarily known to balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain and also develop the crown chakra. Hence, it is used by yogis to improve and deepen the meditative states.
From these factors, it is clear that it helps in improving the functions of nervous system. There are many other benefits this herb poses on the human body.
Benefits of Gotu Kola
- Facilitates healthy sleep
- Enhances intelligence and memory
- Improves reflexes
- Fights nervous breakdown
- Energizes and rebuilds the central nervous system
- Reinforces immune system
- Cleanses and strengthens the adrenals.
- Purifies the blood and promotes skin health
- Increases libido
- Relieves from hypertension
Treats many disorders related to heart functions, blood diseases, and skin diseases.
All these factors fight the primary diseases and symptoms of nervous weakness like anxiety, stress, depression and mental health.
Take 1-2 capsules in a day.
4. Epsom salt
Epsom Salt is a natural mineral rich in sulfate and magnesium are known to soothe soul, body, and mind. It has been in use for a long time in the bath, as the components are readily absorbed through the skin. It is known for its prompt and efficient remedy for various ailments which does by activating over 325 enzymes in the body.
Benefits of Epsom salt
- Regulates electrolytes in the body, thereupon improving functions of nerves, enzymes, and muscles
- Prevents the disruption of nerve and muscle functions
- Eases stress
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Relieves pain and strain in body
- Draws toxins from body
Magnesium facilitates proper usage of calcium, thus improving the conduction of electrical impulses.
Sulfates increase the rate of absorption of nutrients, and flush the toxins. It also helps in easing migraines.
It also has various beauty benefits.
- Revitalizes the dead skin
- Cleanse face
- Removes blackheads
- Increases hair volume
- Removes bad odor from feet
- Best alternative to hair spray
Mix Epsom salt in bath water
5. Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea is famous for its health and beauty benefits which are in use for centuries. The extracts of the chamomile flower are used for chamomile tea. The origins of chamomile flower are from daisy gang.
Benefits of Chamomile tea
- Treats anxiety and depression
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Soothes nerves
- Relieves from migraines
- Boosts immune system
- Controls diabetes
- Fights cancer
- Prevents muscle cramps
Alongside these health benefits, it possess antibacterial properties and beauty benefits.
Goodwyn Chamomile contains natural and organic chamomile flowers and is free of caffeine. Farming and processing are all done in their tea estates with refreshing benefits.
6. St. John’s Wort
St. John’s Wort famously known as nerve tonic is the most commonly used herb to enhance nervous system. It has been studied by many scientists and has been proven to be the best herbal supplement. It is the best herb that boosts the overall health of the nervous system.
Benefits of St. John’s wort
- Relieves from depression and its symptoms
- Promotes sleep
- Treats anxiety
- Balances emotions
- Facilitates mood
- Removes chronic fatigue and irritability
- Eliminates chronic stress hormone
- Maintains positive temperament
- Regulates menopausal mood swings
- Balances hormones
- Fights and prevents cancer
Passion flower as the name goes provides greater health benefits to both body and mind. The components of passion flower act as sedatives and tranquilizers. It relaxes the nervous and muscular system and promotes psychological health. The alkaloids and flavonoids are the principal elements that account for numerous health benefits.
- Improves brain functions
- Relieves from insomnia and sleep-related disorders
- Helps in fighting substance and drug withdrawal
- Combats stress
- Lowers blood pressure
- Eases pain
These Ayurvedic medicines play a great role in treating and enhance nervous functions. Besides, there has to be a positive change in the lifestyle to see and enhance the benefits of these medicines. Below are few of the lifestyle changes that have to be considered to treat nervous disorders.
Meditation and yoga play a significant role in improving nervous functions and overall health of the body. Meditation calms the mind and brings a sense of awareness and gives a clear perspective of the things happening both inside and outside of ourselves.
Yoga facilitates and coordinates the body and mind functions. It removes deep rooted toxins and stress from the body. Alongside, doing regular exercises also strengthen the muscular system which promotes the healthy nervous system.
- Regular exercise keeps the muscular and nervous system of the body active.
- Walking barefoot increases the transfer of electrons from the surface into the body. It promotes physiological changes thereupon improving health
- When you walk barefoot, the face of the earth electrons move into your body, improving physiological changes and improved health.
- Spend time in sunlight. Sunlight provides vitamin D, which improves function of central nervous system
- Maintain healthy dietary habits. Include dairy foods, berries and green leafy vegetables in the diet. Non-vegetarians may include fish and meat in their diet.
- Nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashew nut, raisins, and dates increase energy and calm the mind.
- Drink up to 8 glasses of water in a day.
- Check the postures during sleeping, working, exercising and relaxing.
Nervous weakness is one of the most dangerous disorders. As mentioned above, it not only damages the physical health but also destroys the psychological levels to a great extent.
Prevention is always better than cure. The natural herbs mentioned above not only treat nervous weakness but also promotes and enhances daily life.
It is always wise to take precautions. The techniques and herbs mentioned above are not tough to follow.
At the end of the day, all you want is a good healthy and happy mind.