The word “Pran” means life. The practice of Pran Mudra strengthens all the five pranas in our body. Strengthening of immunity is the first position in the list of Pran mudra benefits.
It is useful to increase the pranic energy (vital force) and also enhance immunity and vitality.
Other names of Pran mudra
2.Kapha Karak Mudra.
4. Prana mudra
How to do Pran Mudra
Join the tips your little finger, ring finger and thumb finger to form Pran mudra. You have to do mudras with both the hands. Look at the picture.
The effects of Prana mudra
How Kapha Karak mudra effect on your body?
Pran mudra benefits
Prana mudra is useful to overcome the conditions given below;
- Chronic fatigue
- General debility
- Low endurance
- Impaired immunity
- Mental tension
- The usual sense of time urgency
- Intolerance of heat
- Stress, and noise
- Ailments which get worse in summer
- Hyperthyroidism (weight –loss despite having a good appetite)
- Inflammatory disorders (diseases ending with ‘it is’)
- Sleeplessness; light disturbed sleep
- High blood pressure
- Atherosclerosis(hardening and narrowing of arteries)
- Burning in the mouth, throat, stomach
- Aphthous ulcers
- Ulcerative colitis, Loose
- Bloody stools
- Scanty, burning urination
- Excessive, foul-smelling perspiration
- Excessive, painful menses
- Red-hot joints
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Instability of joints
- Burning, red, dry eyes; cataract
- Dry, red, hot, ageing, skin; skin-rashes
- Dry, sparse, grey hair,
- Premature ageing,
disorders caused by a deficiency of earth and water elements within the body.
Thirty to Forty-five minutes of regular practice is enough to get the maximum benefits of Pran mudra. You can practice it at any time or any position . But in the morning hours is the best time and you may take breaks in between the forty-five minutes of practice.
It is better that If you practice Vata nashak mudra combined with this mudra.
If you are a Kapha excess person, the do this mudra in moderation only.
Pran mudra side effects.
It leads to obesity for overweight people. If you have a cold don’t practice it.