Mudra is a Sanskrit word which means ” a gesture or seal”. There are many types of mudras. Vayu mudra is a hand mudra. It is highly beneficial in balancing aggravated Vata Dosha.
What is Vayu mudra means?
The word Vayu means Air. The practice of Vayu mudra decreases Vayu element within the body. It means Vayu -shamak mudra (air-reducing)
How to do
- First, sit in any comfortable position. (padmasana is best).
- Place the tips of your index finger at the bottom of thumb finger.
- Apply little pressure.
- Practice with both the hands.
Effects of Vayu Mudra Practice
This mudra reduces the element of air in the body. The reduction of air.
- Sedates restless and anxious mind.
- Calm the nervous system.
- Softens overactive endocrine glands.
- Calms overcharged the nervous system.
- Rehydrates the skin and articular cartilage.
The element Vayu is the primary part of Vata Dosha. This mudra balances aggravated Vata Dosha. It is highly beneficial for Vata Dosha person. Practice this mudra whenever the Vata Dosha is aggravated.
The effect of Vayu mudra on the mind.
This mudra has a great effect on the mind. It is highly beneficial to control the restless mind. Another great benefit of this mudra is a pain killer. All types of pain can be overcome through this mudra.
Vayu Mudra Benefits
This mudra decreases Vayu element within the body which enables various health benefits.
1. If your mind is anxious and restless this mudra is the best remedy.
2. If you are over excited, then this mudra will calm down your nervous system and you can feel relaxed.
3. Hormone imbalance of endocrine glands can be overcome through practising this mudra.
4. Other benefits of this mudra are, Clears voice problems, allows rehydration of skin and articular cartilage.
Vayu is an important component of Vata Prakriti. Decreasing Vayu element in the body enables to overcome Vata Dosha. If you are Vata Prakriti daily practising of this mudra helps to live a disease free life.
Daily practice of 30 to forty-five minutes is enough to get the best results. You can do Vāyu mudrā any time or in any pose.
Don’t do this mudra after you got the desired results.
Vayu Mudra side effects
Vayu Mudra decreases Vata Dosha. Vata deficient people may get diseases caused by a deficiency of Vata Dosha.